Gotharman's Little deFormer 3 mkII

Could this be next level Octatrack?
http://www.gotharman.dk/ld3_mkii.htm

I need to research this machine but it looks interesting.

2 Likes

no, but maybe “next” level “octatrack” :upside_down_face:

The 2 morph knobs are doing the same thing as the crossfader on the OT.

Plus there are expaning options like analog filtering.

No, it’s the next level Little deFormer

Gotharman has been making cool stuff for a long time now. He had some version of the Little deForrmer out when I was deciding whether or not buy an Octatrack Mk. I. I ended up getting the Octatrack after realizing the Gotharman wasn’t capable of live-looping.

I’m mainly calling attention to the fact that Gotharman has his own vision of what a great music-making machine should be. It’d be a shame if people started thinking of him as just copying Elektron. Gotharman was already making some version of the deFormer before Octatrack was released.

2 Likes

Same here :wink:

Due to covid and Brexit related bullshit mine hasn’t arrived as yet
Flemming is a Gent to deal with

Here’s a strange smaller version of it in action:

The Ld3 is a totally different beast
I still haven’t touched the sample capabilities
The on-board synth engine , efx and modular routing options are beyond crazy
Seriously thinking of off loading my mm and md

3 Likes

going in with the LD3:

3 Likes

Anyone still rocking a defromer, any thoughts on having this as a standalone groovebox or is it more for synth experimental sounds?

Yep, everyday :slight_smile: see it as an experimental groovebox, as the sound spectrum can go very faaaaar from your everyday sampler!
Not for faint hearted, though…
But the interface is great. The synth power and modulation offer is huge.
Sample wise, its really interesting, but perhaps a bit limited in some aspect (no reverse playback, 8 voice polyphony)
Fx wise, its different from anything else, see it as granular engine prompt to sample and replay the voice you use it on, in real time, with settings adapted for mimicking standard FX like reverb, delay and chorus, but in a granular/unexpected way. And other non standard FX are really creative.
Sequencing is also beyond many classic groovemachine scope, with a full fledge sequencer driving instrument and control track, with automation, morph between section ect…

Yep
Put mine down for the last 5 mths to concentrate on Spazedrum & zaTurn
Plugged it in a couple days ago and it blew my mind all over again .

Mine is being built now…I just ordered the basic non analog filter version. No extra inputs or outputs, boring $1,600 version.

But, I’m excited to get it and check it out…then probably sell it on Reverb a month later…unless it really grips me.

Sigh……I was sick today from my covid vaccine and UPS tried to deliver my LD3 to my office. But the office did not pay the import fee or I could have driven their tonight to pick it up. Gotta wait another day. Sigh.

Omg…so frustrated. Got my LD3 and the 15th trig is not working correctly. Does not work in step mode or in func mode. Works in live playing but then you cannot delete the sound from the trig as it always stays lit.

I was a bit worried about buying from such a small singular manufacturer and now may have to pack it all back up just to return it and wait another month. $1450. Crappy.

3 Likes

That’s terrible homie. I have been eyeing this machine lately and hate to hear that they are sending out faulty units at that price range. You should ask them to throw in some free upgrades, like throw in an additional filter and a couple of inputs and outputs for your troubles. They should be hooking you up, at least a little bit.

Shieet, or maybe even a discount on the filter set or an additional module. Lol. Yo Gotherman! I’ma needa holla atchu right quick. I fux wit chall, for real. But now I need to know if y’all fux with me, nahm sayn?

Any update on a solution?

I have had 3 units built by Gotharman without any problem and can vouch for the build quality
No doubt he will sort it asap

He paid for shipping back and then sent it right out. Took one week total which is amazing from Seattle to Europe. All good now.