Guilty (music) Pleasures

2 Likes
1 Like

sick drums

2 Likes

Spot the Oxford Oscillators

4 Likes

2 Likes

you have no clue how much me and my radio club pals back home used to play Shalamar…especially this track was our anthem ( including an album by English group that sung “imagination” cant remember the name)

1 Like

This one…?

Belouis Some is awesome!
3 Likes

No not this one but I remember dancing to this at 5%th column in DC in the late 80s…during the blue eye soul/funk era ( eg. Blow Monkeys, Hipsway etc…)

Now I remember

the group was Imagination and the track was “Illusion”

Definitely no prizes for coolness here, but if we’re talking really guilty pleasures, instead of regular pop tunes, then I did visit the theatre a lot before the virus took hold. I recommend going to productions to people with eclectic tastes. Usually a much better audio visual experience than the cinema.

This one surprised me as it’s a bit girly, but I really enjoyed it too, so I bought the soundtrack. I might play it 3 times in a row or give it a year or more between listens. I do listen to a wide range of music though, from ambient to thrash metal, so make of it what you will lol

That’s weird…cuz that’s the one that first popped into my head. Ya great track!

1 Like

YOU KNOW IT TOOO !!!
It was one of my fave tracks to dance to…loved that track,in fact the whole album. Have not heard it in years. Sometimes I avoid the tracks of my youth of those days…lots of memories …to much to remember about life back home.

1 Like

Oh ya!

1 Like
1 Like

I can’t stand “Oh what a night though”

One of the DJ’s at Surgeons night played this a couple of times mixed in with god knows what, not sure who, probably Harvey Lane.

I usually play tracks like this and including this in Winter when the nights roll in early, but was playing some music late last night and finished with this, somehow. It’s one of those beautiful emotional honest tracks that often draws the odd tear when I play it at the right moment.

Hopefully I get to see them live before long. Missed them last time they played the UK.

1 Like

Absolutely love this, one of my favourite Sigur Ros songs.

Are you sure you posted this in the right thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seems to be a lot of that about.

Haha well I absolutely agree with you there, but as it tends to be pop hits from mainly the 80’s posted here that everybody admits to liking to some degree and not something that you probably would want to play when you’re on your own, then I think it might count as a genuine guilty pleasure.

I think it would be nice if people actually posted guilty pleasures instead of catchy pop hits, but it is what it is

:grimacing:

Jesus and Mary chain

1 Like