Guilty (music) Pleasures

If guilty pleasure means turning down the car stereo when I get near my house so my neighbours don’t hear me playing it… then i’m not saying. I will unashamedly listen to everything from classical to thrash metal, pop ballads to hard techno etc, if the mood takes me and I like it. Better for harder to know the source of sampling too if all the cool kids are listening to the same stuff

The best well crafted and mixed track i’ve heard recently is Mark Ronson’s Truth. It’s been hammered on UK tv thanks to a couple of ads using it, so I guess it’s in guilty pleasure territory. Tracks like that are why I bought the best car soundsystem I could afford though. https://youtu.be/nfTRNoQDUYo

1 Like

@Bemo
How weird is that! I used to think she’s very pretty young lady, although I was 27 at the time, but these are guilty pleasures. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Edit: I’ve just realised this sounds a bit wrong. Not my intention.

Sexy cumbia.

A lot more than that too…

Not so much guilty, but I wouldn’t start a conversation with a stranger with any of those in it, unless I was wrecked.

2 Likes

Love it.

Mine is trash music from national artists like cecilio g
Sorry not sorry.

1 Like

Those are all GREAT tracks!

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

…i feel dirty putting this up, but…https://youtu.be/OQsQZvsR_QI

1 Like

Indeed! :slight_smile:

All the metal in this thread is giving me a good trip back to being a kid.
…The drumming on Chaos AD was another level when i first heard it

3 Likes

For some reason when I was tidying up in my studio this gem popped in my head, so I had to give it a spin, reminds me of being a teenager in the mid 80’s, always loved Zapp and Roger and I think they were under rated and ahead of their time.

7 Likes

You’re not alone. I’ve always loved that too. I even have 2 copies of it.

Arthur Baker was my favourite producer at that time, well him and Trevor Horn.

1 Like

It’s my favourite track from the Beat Street Soundtrack/Movie. Yesterday I was trying to get hold of a 12” copy from Discogs. I couldn’t find one in the UK. Ended up buying a sealed repress of Beat Street Vol1.

1 Like

I love this track. I was laughed at so much for playing this at work. All the younguns signing Shoobydybop at me.

1 Like

Here is another one that I fairly regularly play, it was even a little cheesy back in the day, still it has a nice positive message and it always puts me in a good mood :happy:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Justin Timberlake & The Barenaked Ladies

1 Like

One of my favourite artists recently put out a pretty great (IMO) cover of this

2 Likes

TUFF chorus
1 Like