Guilty (music) Pleasures

My first girlfriend dumped me because I laughed about Robbie leaving Take That. My current wife has been to see them half a dozen times or so. They’re not my cup of tea but a lot of people seem to like them.

2 Likes

This is me with Bon Jovi: i cannot stand them but both my best friends and my partner are crazy about them.

1 Like

There are some great late 80s style R&B tracks on that TMNT soundtrack too, but yeah Spin That Wheel is a pure hip house club classic of the era.

Fuck Bon Jovi

2 Likes

Not really embarrassed for liking this, but maybe i should be for just HOW MUCH I like it.

2 Likes

No embarrassment there mate, that is an absolute banger (even though 99% of the rest of their output is dogshit).

:flushed:

okay ill get back in…

so good.

…actually…the whole album :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry, but I really can’t stand Bon Jovi

1 Like

This thread is full of music I cant stand! Its existence fills me with some bizarre masochistic curiosity.

2 Likes

Like many people here have said there’s really no such thing as a guilty musical pleasure - after all I ain’t 15 anymore trying to prove everyone how tough I am, ha!

But Don Henley’s Boys of Summer is a track I’ve always loved but might have kept to myself when I was younger. Listening to the start of the song in May 2020, with the current craziness around us, I get almost sentimental…
” Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer’s out of reach”

Especially this acoustic version here is giving me chills.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Hey… I also love the Carpenters, but I thought it would be too much to admit in public.

Oh… shit.

Its either pure genius or total rot, I’m still undecided after 8 years, Las Balkanieras.

1 Like

Yep…Enjoyed that.

I enjoy listening now and then to the greatest hits of Gene Pitney and also the Big ‘O’ Roy Orbison

1 Like

My little boy got me into this.

I also got to admit liking Bros in my teens !!