Had it since mid 2019 and never noticed until now

In my opinion it is a question of composition of sweat vs plastic. As some people rust metal at the slightest touch, others do not. In addition, plastic, which lasts forever when thrown into nature, can degrade quickly depending on its composition and use. I had an old M audio master keyboard which went bad after a few years, the plastics crumbled and stuck, a real pleasure. No worries with those of Elektron, for now…

my octatrack scene B button looks like that because i constantly have my pinky finger on it for echo freeze delay scene stutters. i’ve ordered 3-4 replacements so far. that film gets worn off with use and eventually gets gunky and sticky. you could probably open a ticket for replacements at least once

I knew a guy like that, he said his sweat seemed to be very acidic and would quickly corrode copper bracelets, rings and stuff like that. My skin is actually very dry especially here in the UK in winter.

1 Like

I contacted Elekron about it last year and they quoted me something like £24 for a full set of buttons. It doesn’t bother me enough to spend that much on it. I already voided the warranty when I replaced to OLED screen with a green one.

I’m curious what the new screen looks like

1 Like

It wasn’t easy to get a good pic but

3 Likes

Looks neat

1 Like

Thanks, I like it.

1 Like

Damn dude. Hit that thing with a vacuum cleaner or anti-static brush once in a while, before it ends up in the Dirty Dirty Synths thread.

1 Like

I honestly can’t understand where it’s all coming from… I live alone and spend most of mt time in one room. The rate of dust build up everywhere my house is nothing short of supernatural.

How do you know that the cat isn’t actually sleeping on them?

1 Like

I don’t have a cat.

3 Likes

It happens. I never had issues with dust before moving to NYC. We’re always cleaning here and it accumulates so quickly. Can’t be a good thing.