Hard Sync Oscillators

Everyone. I was wondering if there is a Hard Sync for the DVCO. Or any work around?

Cheers

Sadly no. The manual says of the little squares on some configs, “Waveforms that begins with a small square = The oscillators are reset when trigged.”

I’m curious exactly what function this oscillator reset has, but I’m fairly certain it doesn’t make results or detuning sound like oscillator sync.

That means that the oscillators reset when there is a trig in the sequencer. It is so you can choose between the classic analog sound where each note is slightly different because the oscillators are free running, or have really consistent sounding notes. But that seems to mean to me that there is the ability to reset the oscillators, though maybe not the ability to reset one oscillator with the other. I feel like the syntakt covers so much synthesis ground, analog and digital, FM and 2 oscillator subtractive. Percussive and Melodic. But I feel like sync is the one classic synthesis technique it doesn’t really do.

2 Likes

In order to sync only osc 2 would have to be resettable. Is there any osc type with only one square on one of the oscillators?

Maybe I add as feature request.