Hardware alternative to NDLR

friend tell me about this, i forget, thanks for reminder, i go to DL…

1 Like

Few hours of playing with Fugue, start to get something decent…

Drums from TR8S, MC707 master clock, Fugue machine sending 4 channel of midi notes back to MC707.

3 Likes

sorry shit audio, from cell phone obv, i get Roland GO X when it comes out, better quality. and better performance if i’m not juggling phone, duh…

thanks will try it out!

You can change chords and chord type with MIDI note messages, and most parameters are CC controllable. I like to sequence chord changes with a Korg SQ-1, clocked very slowly with NDLRs clock divided clock out.

thanks, I don’t understand the last part: “clocked very slowly with NDLRs clock divided clock out.”
what do you mean with ‘with NDLRs clock divided clock out’?

The NDLR has an 1/8th inch TS jack for CV clock out. You can set a ratio of NDLR internal clock to external CV clock. For instance, if NDLR is running at 100 BPM, you can set a 1:4 ratio to get 25 BPM out the CV clock port. Some devices won’t like going too slow. For instance, the Aruria Beatstep Pro doesn’t like anything below about 30 BPM. It pauses when it gets too slow.

You can also set the clock out Pulse Per Quarter note (PPQ) on NDLR to 1, 2, 4 or 24PPQ. MIDI is 24 PPQ, but some analog equipment will use 1, 2 or 4 PPQ.

The NDLR clock out is 5V.

1 Like

I was not aware of this possibility, sounds cool, but in these examples you have to have the NDLR as master clock right?

If you can buy one some day. I’ve been wanting one to control some Sysex only stuff. Seems like they are having supply issues and can’t build any right now.

I’ve got one (two, actually, one original and one gen2 they sent me to test, because I was having some USB power sag issues with the gen 1). Just haven’t had the time to actually keep up with it.

The NDLR can generate the CV clock whether its using The NDLR clock or external clock coming into The NDLR.

2 Likes

Every time I see this thread pop up, I’m glad that I spent roughly 1-2 Engineering Hours to buy a used NDLR. (Still a bargain at the new price!)

DIY is fun, but having a working piece of hardware that can drive a lot of synths is even more fun.

1 Like

Currently also owning an oxi one and T-1, I still think the NDLR is unique in the sense that it steers you towards choosing a nice sounding chord progression (in oxi one, you still have to select the chords yourself). The T-1 is awesome for its randomness/euclidean features.
So darn, going to have to keep them all haha

2 Likes

If you’re in chord mode on the Oxi One then it’s basically the same as NDLR - pick your inversion, spread etc, and you explore chord progressions on the grid. With the other sequencers harmonised it’s basically identical.

Unless I’m missing something?

The Ndlr follows the roman numerical / circle of fifth progression, its not the same on the oxi, is it?

1 Like

I had received an email about this today but didn’t have the time to watch or hear anything yet.

1 Like

It doesn’t look or sound very NLDR’y to me.
Interesting though.

I’ve watched the video, all I have to say is it’s too small to play live. You can see it in the video. I would have make the module twice the width.

1 Like

bummer, that’s disappointing as there are a number of screens that say “under construction” :crying_cat_face: