Hardware glitch effects box

Like this discontinued module?

close, almost got one of those on reverb about a year ago; but with the price and the few differences from the tr8 module, couldnt pull the trigger

1 Like

Terrible thing about the Scooper module though is that it doesn’t work on realtime signals, you have to record into it’s buffer before you can start glitching

1 Like

Tr8 scatter gets old very quickly.
Though I got weirder results using it at extreme bpm ( low and high) , triggering random instruments … reasonable sample fodder.

One of the new novation boxes can do scatter like fx with live input ‘I think’ … tracks I think.

That video is super inspiring, think it’s time to take the plunge down the Max MSP rabbit-hole. Cycling '74 are amazing.

Digdugdiy does some glitch effects:

And for the Korg NTS-1 someone made a kind of glitch granular delay effect which is quite nice.

Monome Norns or Shields have the size of a guitar pedal and stereo inputs and outputs. You can load many different loopers and glitch fx scripts.

2 Likes

There are plenty of presets on Microcosm that are staccato and glitchy - it has an entire effects bank (12 presets) dedicated to that style of effect. It’s just that most people posting about Microcosm are utilizing its ambient capabilities.

1 Like

Bastl Thyme or their MIDI Looper might be of interest.

2 Likes