Harmonix - Digitone iOS App

I did just that using my camera connection kit, it sees the Digitone but the connection is not straight it plays one note every now and then…and also I own an iConnect device and thought to use the DIN port using Live as bidge BUT nothing, I guess my camera connection kit oes not like the ios 13 and trying to downgrade to ios ( if I ever managed…)

Not sure what’s going on…what plays a note every now and then? You’re using the app’s keyboard you mean? I’ve used the same camera connection kit for a year or so with no issues when changing iOS.

i’m investigating and I will rite it down on every attempt…

UPDATE: the camera connection is not working anymore but I managed to play from the app keyboard through Network although it only plays but not transfer any patches or patterns, ( it usse to prior to buy the camera connection kit ) the network goes through Live and from Live I direct the channel desired and play but only play, I’m now testing the iconnect device through a direct connection ( no daw ) and it plays well except that I understand the transfer only apply on USB and not DIN port? so… I figure that I have to return or change the camera connection kit that is already bl…dy xpensive business , the usb port of the digitone seems not to be the problem, still…a mistry how the first test I had through Network Midi went OK and now I can only play but not send data to the tracks were patterns or patches

Live probably suppresses the sysex going through…Are you on a mac? On a Mac, there is an included app “AUDIO MIDI SETUP” where you can route all the network midi to a specific device, thus avoiding a DAW…for windows you probably want to do the same thing…I don’t think most DAWS pass through sysex, which is what I use for patches / patterns

1 Like

Thanks I will try today on my macbook setting it up with a ad-hoc wifi connection and will check it out, also investigating the live sysex suppressing bit and see if there’s a solution also for that, Thanks for the support and for the App, inspiring ( Polyphase would need a ‘Bassline’ kind of pattern creation on a channel…so to speak :slight_smile:

@mekohler These updates are incredible, and the pattern generator is great to have. Thank you for continuing to develop this! I’m excited to see whatever you do in the future (be it for the Digitone or whatever else!) If you ever need a beta tester for a device I own, you’ve got one!

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Fixed a bug that would cause the Harmonics parameter to be encoded / decoded incorrectly
  • Added “Square” Sound Type
  • Improved “Perc” Sound Type

Square is a random patch based off of a square wave with some added PWM, very nice sounding.

4 Likes

Update: The network Midi is working and the mcbook interface has the very same interface of the RTPMIDI for Win although I went back to test it on my PC, the camera adapter is only working on my externa LPK25 ( just tested on this tiny power device ) but the digitone seems not be happy and read many customers unhappy with the iOs 13 power consumption on the lightning port, do you have the simple Lightning to USB or the powered one? ( Apple love to light my wallet…) because I was really scared that something went wrong on my USB port as recent test it messed up the digitone and had to reset. Anyway… thanks again

I haven’t used the direct connection method in a while…My iPad is always going through the Network Port to my iMac, where I route things. I own both types of adapters though, the powered and unpowered versions, never had an issue when they were in use!

Update Out:

• Added “VEL MULT” Sound Design Function
  • Improved all Sound Types
  • Improved Randomization
  • You can now lock Modulation Types / Amounts
  • Fixed a bug with the encoding / decoding of the Amp Release Time
  • Minor UI changes
7 Likes

Update Out:

• Improved Randomization
  • Added Filter Resonance to the Mixer controls
  • Added function “Dynamics” to the Modulation View
  • Added ability to Morph the Current Pattern
  • Added a Performance Mode, allowing you to control selectable Parameters
  • Bug fixes
6 Likes

Hi, does this app works with digitone keys?

Yes it should

Can confirm it works with the keys version.

4 Likes

Update Out:

• Added new Sound Type “Dub”
  • Improved “Perc” Sound Type
  • Added “Vib”, “C LFO”, & “Drunk” Sound Design Functions
  • Added Portamento Time & Portamento Toggle to the Trig Page Parameters
  • Improved Randomization
  • Bug Fixes
7 Likes

Man, you are leading the charge! :prince:t2:

1 Like

Love the program, But Is there more support on using the interface. video or PDF manual. The terse 1 line built in help is confusing.

1 Like

There are no videos, the Help Menu is all I have atm…I don’t make much from these apps and it’s not worth my time to produce videos on top of coding. If you ask a question here or in PM’s about functions I will answer them right away though.

5 Likes

OK, will do…

1 Like

I think you my answered this before BUT I started using your app keyboard in order to record notes into digitone as there are more scales but I can only record in the first track even If I switch to different track on my digitone AND in the app… where should I look?

edit: Sorry missed the part in the inside manual were it is explained

1 Like