Have Novation lost focus as a company?

I’ll see myself out…

38 Likes

:joy:

Wake me when they make a new Mono Station.

3 Likes

Wake yourself up, I’m not your butler.

12 Likes

I’ll never make it to class on time that way!

3 Likes

Freely assignable disappointment ®

11 Likes

Ah, that’s what fad stands for…

1 Like

tumblr_inline_mmb0uuze851qz4rgp540

2 Likes

When Cameron was in Egyptland
Let my Circuit go

Anyways though if they call it MONDO STATION I’ll be in there like swimwear day one.

The bad news is Novation has lost the plot.

The good news is at least I don’t have to cancel my stereo compressor order, because phew, that was a close one!

1 Like

Yes, they have lost focus. Novation were once the purveyors of lost souls, and now they merely keep re-juicing the same orange with the same dull bread knife. I remember when skaters were getting “Novation” tattooed on their eyelids, but now it is all soccer moms with the Novation shirts and bumper stickers.

They first lost their way when they “went electric”, and actually started using electricity in their products. Their acoustic instruments like the Tubaphone, and Jingle-Jangler were really the peak of the company. It has all been downhill since then. Jim Novation and the Novation 7 is still the greatest live show ever to be talked about, but I am afraid we are a long ways away from those glory days.

9 Likes

It only took 11 posts for someone to reply seriously…

4 Likes

I once really really wanted a Nova desktop. Like, badly.
Then I borrowed one from a friend and noticed it used a 5 pin DIN connector. Thinking “oh, this would be a pain if it ever died”, I made some patches on it and enjoyed its capabilities, especially multi-timbral

Literally the next day the PSU died.

This is, more or less, a pointless anecdote.
But it doesn’t make me wish that Novation got back to their old ways.

And while we’re on the subject of pointless anecdotes, I thought that the demonstration the artist did for the new 88keys board was quite good. She can play way better than me, so I’m naturally entertained. I could imagine being entertained very much seeing something like that live.

1 Like

Or did they…?

3 Likes

the-plot-thickens-59c11a

2 Likes

Is taking these losing focus threads seriously still relevant in 2022?

6 Likes

Should Novation die?

4 Likes

This trend is the only thing relevant in 2022.

3 Likes

Could anyone be taking these losing focus seriously still relevant in 2022?

You don’t show your face just your hands and just goes through all the focuses lost one by one. A bit of subjective thought at the end but nothing special. Have they just got lucky?

4 Likes

2 Likes