(*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪ Hello and Music

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and share a song from my upcoming album Metoji.

This track recently won the John Lennon Songwriting Contest in the electronic category:

4 Likes

This was fantastic. What is your writing process/how did you use?

2 Likes

Thanks m0ld!

I usually start with a basic melody or chords on a piano patch. I work completely in the box. In this song I had the chords for the opening, then expanded them into the melody. From there I usually add a basic beat. Then I start loading up several instances of various synths and begin sound designing. Once have have around 20–50 different voices I move on to arranging. I usually just arrange from left to right on the timeline. Most of my songs are through composed with little repetition. After most of the arrangement is done take the beat off loop and go through the entire track and adjust the hits to accentuate the melody and other elements.

I use Logic X for my DAW and tons of different synths and effect plug-ins. Some of my favorites are VSL Bösendorfer Imperial for my piano, Kick 2, Serum, all synths from Synapse—I use The Legend a ton, Zebra and a lot of other U-He stuff, PhasePlant is my new favorite thing, NI Komplete, FabFilter, SoundToys—I could go on and on…

2 Likes

BTW, I really dig your track Optimist.

2 Likes

My 14 track album Metoji will be dropping November 11. For now here’s a little taste: