Help connecting and programming typhon on digitone+syntakt

hi guys i’m facing hard time connecting syntakt, digitone and typhon dreadbox together.

my goal is to program the typhon through the digitone (in one of the four channels) and send everything to syntakt from where i control everything.

i connected them through midi cable in the following way:
typhon midi out —>digitone midi in
digitone midi out—->syntakt midi in

i set the typhon as sender, digitone as receiver and sender and syntakt as receiver.

everything is working properly in the terms of sync but i cannot program the typhon through the digitone keyboard and so with the syntakt.

i tried to connect the typhon and syntakt only and everything works great in the sense i can program it through syntakt keyboard and assign a channel to it without probs.
how can i do the same adding the digitone?
thanks indeed

You have the wrong order, it should be something like (Midi): Digitone to Syntakt / Syntakt to Typhon. The synth that will be sending the notes needs to be the master, the others will be the slaves.

but how do i program the typhon on the digitone?
i mean i did it on the st using func+syn then select midi and select a channel, but on the dn i did the same func+syn1 (after pushing the midi button) amd when i select the channel nothing works…

If you want your Digitone to send MIDI messages to the Typhon, you need Digitone MIDI out -> Typhon MIDI in. If you want to have device 1 sending MIDI to control device 2 and device 3, you should go device 1 MIDI out -> device 2 MIDI in, device 2 MIDI thru -> device 3 MIDI in, making sure you’ve done the settings in the devices to send/receive MIDI on the respective ports.

thanks indeed guys, but how do i set the channels?soz for my ignorance but i’m a freshie in the hardware world

In the Digitone midi settings you have to configure one of the midi tracks to the midi channel of the Typhon, and then anything you program on the sequencer on that midi track will be sent to the Typhon.

And to access the midi settings it’s Func + Midi button.

thanks a lot guys, you made me sort everything out!!
last question… i programmed the typhon on the 4th track of the digitone but when i try to mute it, it does not work. i can mute all the left 3 tracks but not the one didicated to the typhon.how come?

1 Like

sorted it . i just had to push midi button and mute it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not always. You can use any MIDI Out to sequence other Synths even if it receives clock from another device.

1 Like

True that!

1 Like