HELP! I selected a snapshot and lost kits that i made

So I just got my UW + drive a few days ago and am really new to anything elektron. With that being said the following happened: i made some really rad kits and saved them. Looked further into the settings of the MD and found snapshots so i decided to check one out. Now i longer have the kits i had saved and i have been very frustrated trying to find them. Is there any hope of getting these kits i saved back or are they gone for good? Any help is very much appreciated!

Unfortunately, unless you saved a snapshot or dumped via SysEx to computer before loading the new snapshot, your kits are probably gone.
You could load your snapshots one by one and see whether the kits are preserved, but likely in vain.

Ahh i see… so what i feared most happens to be the case. Cant say this is the first time I’ve ever lost a patch. Thank you for the help! I will definitely be more careful next time.

I don’t remember the details - it’s been a while, and I sold my MD - but this definitely happened to me too. Pay close attention to what’s written about changing snapshots in the manual. If I remember correctly, there’s two choices for the way snapshots are changed via quick change mode, and I believe one of them inherently erases the current one. Or something like that…I believe I created a thread about it on the old elektron users forum,come to think of it.
I’m not really helping…but you’re not alone :slight_smile:

Well, the feeling that i’m not alone and not a complete idiot sure helps! So thank you!

I don’t remember the details - it’s been a while, and I sold my MD - but this definitely happened to me too. Pay close attention to what’s written about changing snapshots in the manual. If I remember correctly, there’s two choices for the way snapshots are changed via quick change mode, and I believe one of them inherently erases the current one. Or something like that…I believe I created a thread about it on the old elektron users forum,come to think of it.
I’m not really helping…but you’re not alone :)[/quote]
I may have some of the details here wrong but this should be pretty close. The MD has RAM that it works in most of the time which is backed up by the internal battery. Snapshots are stored on flash memory and will be preserved without any power used. There are 128 snapshot slots plus the RAM which stores your currently loaded kits and pattern banks A through H. I believe samples have their own snapshot system that is about the same but can be switched independently of the kit/pattern snapshots. Anyway, when you load a snapshot, it gets loaded to RAM replacing anything in there. As others have said, you need to save the current state (RAM) to a snapshot before loading any other snapshots or you will lose the current state.
Did you have any samples that you did not want to lose? You may still have old the sample bank loaded.