Help - Mono-Only Monitoring/Recording with Clarett 8pre

I’m having a bit of an issue I wonder if someone could help me with!

So I run a S2400, a Digitakt, a Nord Drum 2 and a Virus TI2 through a MOTU 828 MK2 which I use as an ADAT expander for my Focusrite Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt. I use a MacBook Air M1 2020 on Monterey and Ableton Live. Running Focusrite Control software.

So I can see stereo information enters the MOTU - I set a hi-hat on the Digitakt to pan left and right via an LFO, the MOTU display shows the sound panning back and forth. However, upon reaching the 8pre, the stereo information is lost. Whether direct monitoring, viewing the audio in either a stereo track or two hard-panned mono tracks in Focusrite Control or monitoring via a stereo track in Live, there is no stereo information received whatsoever.

You can see the lack of stereo information in these inputs - same on both sides. But there was stereo information when entering the MOTU.

The MOTU is a recent addition - beforehand, direct monitoring would be in mono, but monitoring via a track in Live would yield stereo results. Now nothing is in stereo and it’s really dampening my spirits! Panning a source back and forth only yields differences in volume. It’s absolutely rubbish and I don’t know what to do!