Help needed setting up Digitakt with Vermona DRM1

Newbie help needed.

I’ve just got DRM1 and Digitakt and have been following both manuals to try and set it up so I can sequence DRM1 via DT. Assigned midi channel 10 to Midi track A and put DRM1 into learn mode. Now I get confused. Whatever I touch on DT it takes me out of midi track A and plays a sample. How do I play 8 midi notes so DRM1 gets to learn it? After that, how to select each voice from DRM1 to sequence it? All help appreciated.
Thank you

Can you explain this a bit more? This should never happen except when selecting another track with the trig buttons.
Make sure you don’t send MIDI from the DT back to itself.

Whenever you’re on a midi track, FUNC + TRK should take you into chromatic mode from where you can trigger the 8 notes the DRM has to learn.

Make sure that you start the DRM in the right MIDI learn mode:
Press any two TRIG buttons ② while switching the unit on. Hold the buttons for about three
seconds until both instrument channels and its corresponding LEDs are triggered. The DRM1
MKIII has now entered learn mode.

You can also just go back to the factory defaults on channel 10 by sending nothing and switching the DRM off when in learn mode.

Thank you. FUNC + TRK did the trick.
I can trigger them now from DT. How to select each sound to programme the sequence please?

You can play them in live using chromatic mode.
When step sequencing, hold a step(trig button) and change it’s note value on the TRIG page(NOT1).
If you want multiple sounds on a single step, you can add the NOT2, NOT3 and NOT4 values to that step.

You can copy steps by holding them and using Record(Copy) and Stop(Paste).

If you want more than 4 sounds on a single step or make it easier sequencing them, you can use multiple MIDI tracks set to the same channel.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
All the best.

1 Like

I can trigger sounds chromaticaly but as soon as I press record that is not possible anymore.
Anyway, as I’m triggering drum machine I’m more interested in step sequencing. I’ve tried holding a step and changing NOT1 but nothing happens. I went through 10 octaves and no sound. Also, when I look at NOT1 on every other sound, it’s the same note value. Triggering manually it works fine but I’d like to be able to sequence it. Any ideas what am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance

This is exactly what confuses me. How to use multiple MIDI tracks. The chromatic mode trick was easy to set up but it’s not as intuitive as being able to use a dedicated midi track for each sound.
It’s been almost one year since this topic was made but there’s still not much information out there!

@DreamXcape said you have to set midi tracks on the same midi channel. What else?

You have to record them one by one.

Yeah I managed to do it by midi mapping the tracks of the DRM1 using the chromatic mode and then copy pasting each midi track of the Digitakt and setting a different note value for each one of them.
I am not a midi expert but I wouldn’t describe it as an easy or obvious procedure.

Why don’t you start with that ?
Sorry I don’t get what is complicated and not obvious.

Do you use variable SYSEX ? :wink:

If I remember correctly, this is what I have done.
MIDI track A - set to MIDI channel 10, assign button 9 and trigger kick from DRM1 manually.
MIDI track B - set to MIDI channel 10, assign button 10 and trigger Drum1 from DRM1 manually.

Keep going until all sounds have been
assigned.

Hope this helps. I’m sure there is a better way to do it but as I have no intention of controlling other MIDI gear with digitakt, it works for me.

meant to say “I am not”

Yeah that might be another possible way. For me the method I mentioned above worked quite well. Just ate up all of my midi channels but it will do for now. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion!