Help recording Digitakt into Ableton, I can't hear anything

Hello,

I thought I’d spend today trying to learn how to record my Digitakt into Ableton.

I’m totally new to DAWs so I’m sure I’m doing something simple wrong.

I have Overbridge installed on my PC and Ableton Live Lite 11 which gives me 8 tracks and the USB cable plugged in. I wanted to learn how to record everything from the Digitakt as I have a Digitone attached to it and a some other gear into the Digitone’s inputs. Plus I wanted to see if I can also just record 1 track from the Digitakt.

I have dragged the Digitakt vst plugin into the first midi track and you can see below what I have setup. I’ve armed track 1 and the post mixer in columns 2 and 3 and hit play at the top and the first column called Digitakt (midi) goes green with the input bar and the next 2 columns bars are going grey so they are receiving something (shouldn’t they be green), but I can’t hear a thing on my PC. I just have the headphones connected to the PC. Plus it doesn’t seem to record when I hit stop.

I’m just following this - How to record Digitakt into Ableton Live via Overbridge 2.0 — Part one - YouTube

UPDATE:
I can now get sound, I’ve armed track 1 and 2 and hit the triangle at the top to record but it doesn’t and just plays, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Did you put Digitakt in Overbridge mode in the settings?

Oh yeah that is all done. If I hit play in Ableton it plays the Digitakt. Just can’t hear via the laptop.