Help with a minimal techno set-up for jamming & production

Getting over the multi-track mindset can be a hurdle but I think it’s worth it. Doesn’t make sense for everyone of course but for a minimal setup, especially a techno focussed one, I think it’s a neater way to work. There’s a sort of plus-side to not being able to fix stuff too, which is that you never spend time trying to fix stuff. Learn, improve, move on to the next jam.

Another benefit of having everything run through your DT at the end is that it can be your compressor - if you stick your kick on the 'takt it could even sidechain too!

3 Likes

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense, at least for now. I’ve got enough to learn as it stands, without worrying about how to get the most out of Ableton as well!
Nice idea for the sidechain as well. I’m getting some nice kicks out of the VD, but guess I will just sample those and play them from the DT!

1 Like

Which will be a breeze with that setup! :slight_smile: Very flexible

1 Like

On Digitakt goto:: SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> USB CONFIG
and ensure it’s configured same as this:
USB CONFIG

1 Like

Yep done that (sorry I wasn’t clear before), and tried a couple different recorder/camera apps. I just need to borrow my partner’s phone to properly rule out any other setup issues. Thanks for the help though!

That’s a shame, I presumed with USB-C on your Phone that it is a new model and would automatically be class compliant, apologies if I got your hopes up and I hope you’re not too out of pocket for the cable.

1 Like

Nooo not your fault don’t worry, I appreciate the help! You can never have too many cables :slight_smile:

1 Like