Help! with Custom Samples exported from pro tools imported in RYTM. About to return item

Having difficulty with the Rytm MKII that I just purchased.
Created one shot samples in Pro Tools (beats and notes)
They were left justified in the Pro Tools Window with a bit of lead in and they pay perfectly as wave files
I import using transfer. When I load them up in a Kit the SAMPLES are TINY on the left side of the sample window. They are not the ONE SHOT WAVEFORM SIZES that come for loaded on the Rytm.
Some of the samples are fully audible, but many are cut off at the beginning.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. To my knowledge there is no way to zoom in on the waveform file.

Thanks so much!!!

L

It sounds like the samples have been exported from Pro Tools with “dead air” after the sample content. Have you checked the files in an editor other than PT?

If you’re importing into Rytm, I would cut the lead in down to nothing, so the file begins as close to the start of the sound as you can make it. The Rytm’s start point settings are not very fine grained: you’re limited to 120 start points across the length of the sample. For one-shots, you’re best of trimming to just the audio content.

No, oddly they play in wave form on my Macbook Pro.

They were transfered through the “Transfer” program. Dragged in and they loaded fine. Though they seem unusually large. 11.2mb each.

This reinforces my intuition that the samples have a load of dead air at the end. Make sure they’re cropped to just the length of the audio. I’m still convinced the Transfer + Rytm end of this problem is not the problem.

1 Like

They’ve almost certainly been exported with a load of dead space at the end

1 Like

Thank you a great deal. There was extended air. I thought I could have flexibility at least on the tail. I was wrong. Funny how they don’t mention any of this stuff. Manual is useless.

But thank you!!!

2 Likes

you can set the start and end points of a sample in the Rytm, so you can use them as they are, but as @Octagonist said the resolution for doing so isnt very precise so results may vary. Plus all that dead air is taking up space

Oh come on. Does one really need a manual to tell them not import 11mb of dead air per sample?