Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

Your work is amazing, a true inspiration in sound design, dawless organization, variations, balance of all atmospheres, sounds… thanks for sharing that, i really appreciate and often come back to listen your different opuses.
I have a question though: on a song like The Era, do you prepare stems for the voice that you load on a static machine on the OT?

I’m struggling for making progression with the OT, let’s say like in a song progression. I guess i should work extensively on the parts and arranger side…

Edit: oups i see you explain the vocal stem in The Era just a few posts above… :sweat_smile: anyway the rest of my post is still valid and thanks for boycotting Spotify. Long live to your music :wink:

4 Likes

@Blasted_pingin thank you so much for the very very kind words and also happy 2022 everyone

3 Likes

ylva, hope you are OK!

2 Likes

@Cosmic im there
for you my friend

11 Likes

Great work here @ylva, really inspiring stuff. Loads of wonderful discoveries throughout this tread, glad I found this! Cheers and keep up the magic!

1 Like

Thank you ylva, you made my day today :slight_smile: I am glad everything is fine with you.

1 Like

so lovely
mind candy

1 Like

I keep coming back to ylva’s music as the pinnacle of elektron skills. I am now listening to

for about the 20th time. It has been one year since the last release. I recommend ylva’s music to anyone who loves to understand how capable elektron instruments are, particularly in the hands of this supremely creative person.

Keeping this thread alive for anyone new to elektronauts who has not experienced this music, and of course, to support ylva :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Completely agree. Bought Ylva’s discography on Bandcamp and listen to it regularly. Really inspiring. The songs are just so clear and focused, yet intriguing. Clearly an example of music that transcends the “DAWless jam” nature being criticized in that infamous thread, but an impressive demonstration of performing full songs with Elektron gear nonetheless.

4 Likes

Patiently awaiting any new release…
Hoping @ylva is doing well out there…

2 Likes

I use his MAX patch for generating drum sounds on the Digitone all the time. It’s great.

2 Likes

@Cosmic @Azzarole @ViolentMeals @Gerry_Dorsey thank you all for thinking of me <3 i think of you too and hope you are ok

there will be new music but until then mind you not, a walk on memory lane:

12 Likes

Very cool. Particularly liked Colimentar.

2 Likes

I’m listening through their Discography while cleaning and it’s such a good listen…

I’m taking a really long time to clean as I want to just listen to this music :laughing:

6 Likes