Hold to mute without triggering pad

Hi,

Is there any way of hold-muting a track with its pad without triggering the pad? I know func allows toggling but that’s not what I’m looking for.

Set the pad to fixed velocity = 0

1 Like

Only goes down to 1

You can add volume distorsion mod on top. That 's just a sort of hack, so, expect nothing polished…

Someone here (I cant remember who) came up with a workaround that is a bit cumbersome but actually works. If you parameter lock all your placed trigs volume/dist parameter to the desired value, and then turn down the volume/dist to 0. The pad will then generate a trig (that keeps the previously placed trigs from triggering while held) but no sound heard, while the placed trigs will be audible (when the pad is not pressed).

7 Likes

Yeah that could work but wouldn’t that kill the retrig functionality

Yes “muting” a track like this has some drawbacks. As I have mentioned before in another thread, the hold pad-mute thing is not an actual feature. It is a byproduct of that the sound never gets a note off, so it cant trigger a new note, hence the “muting.”

2 Likes

Well I hope you guys never have second thoughts and change it, because that behavior is dope. I just tap a note in time then hold.

1 Like