How are you useing the LFOs?

Just wondering how everyone is utilizing the lfo’s on the machinedrum? As far as drums in the past I’ve pretty much only used an lfo for maybe filter cutoff on a 16th note hihat roll to add some sweeping, or just an lfo to pan hihats across the widtch of a track.

1 Like

I use them for tons of different things, depending on the situation.

Modulation- lol i had too, sorry

as a psuedo envelope

controlling midi gear CC’s

Using multiple lfos on the same track you can get some good sound effects type fo stuff going on.

Route it to the RTRM parameter with low Depth setting to get some interesting movement, same with the BRR. In fact some BRR settings that phasey scratchy sound can kind of give this “tearing” or “breaking” through texture in a sound which i find to be quite pleasing

also slow speed and low depth on panning gives great movement that s subtle. After having multiple oberheim synths I aprrecate panning settings quite a bit

Also control machines and LFO’s are kind of wicked, especially if you’ve ever set up control machines like scnes- that is have that track muted until you wan tthat “scene” activated.

This is something i havent tried yet, but might try this evening- use lfo to manipulate compressor settings to see if you can get that “side chain” effect. Speaking of compressors, I use one of the indivudal outs to sequencer the side chain of an alesis 3630, and depending on the setings of the output you are using, you get some interesting results out of the compressors behavior. I actually assigned an LFO to the output used to trigger it, and it was this weird “phasey(not as in phase cancellation)” effect on the compressor. Def cool trick to get some intersting movement in the sound.

quite
the
vast
topic

:wink:

im pretty sure this topic has been covered a million times too, but whatever.