How can i make my model cycles play through my pc speakers with a usb cable?

I have had my model cycles for about a year now and would really like to figure out how to connect it to my windows 10 pc via USB and actually hear the sounds come out of my PC speakers. This is my first instrument and a step by step click this do that would be super helpful if anyone knows of such a thing. As of yet I can only use it with my headphones via the headphone jack; I am not trying to record anything or use it in conjunction with ableton or any DAW for that matter, all I would like to do is press play and hear it through my pc speakers along with my normal PC audio.

Thank you for your time and I hope this is something the device can do…

Doesn’t work as far as I know. The model series doesn’t have overbridge from what I just read.

Have to hook it up Analog to an interface

Thanks for the reply, one question though;
This is the description on the website for the device “Easily connect to other class-compliant devices such as phones, tablets or computers for some instant MIDI and audio over USB action.”
Here’s the link to the website to: https://www.elektron.se/us/modelcycles-explorer

I would like to know how to do that if you have any ideas…

I googled and that was what I found. Maybe they updated it.

I don’t have any model series devices. Guess someone else will have to help on this.

True, but it does send a stereo mix over USB audio (class compliant). Not sure what the steps are from there, that would depend on whether the computer is Mac, or windows, iPad, etc.

As mentioned above, Model Cycles is class compliant USB audio (and midi) so you should be able to hear its inputs via your speakers. You need to do a couple things.

1. Set your pc audio output to be the speakers in your audio settings with the MC connected.

2. Set your audio input to be the MC.

I’m not super familiar with the audio routing on windows, but this may only be possible within a special audio program or within a digital audio workstation like Ableton, which allows you to set inputs and outputs separately.

Edit: here are some links that may help.
Change input device: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-default-sound-input-device-in-windows-10
Change output device: How to Change Audio Output on Windows: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

It will work,however I’m on Mac so can’t tell you how to set it up. However, it should probably show up in your sound settings as an audio input device, similar as an usb microphone for example. Then you’d have to enable it as the device to use in your windows audio mixer.
It all works on my iPad and Mac so it should work on windows