How Digitakt v1.50 improved your sound? (showoff here)

More or less. I usually parameter lock the start point of the vocal so that I can sequence the beat around what’s happening in the vocals. I just do it by ear where it makes sense, so they’re not equal parts exactly but there’s probably a cut every 4 bars.

1 Like

have you done that for anything over a couple minutes or is it too much work to do any long track that way?

I generally don’t do much of anything that’s over a couple of minutes. But I don’t think it’s that much work.

1 Like

Have you tried to add the vocal after the fact?

No, I don’t utilize the new features. I use it for long-looping ambience and have no need for slicing.

Why, what’s wrong with 1.5? also, you’re asking in the wrong place

I wiiiiish there was a “lock p-locks” mode so this would be more “playable” without fear of losing things by accidentally not holding long enuf :stuck_out_tongue:

Still cool tho!

1 Like

It works if you hold down any step on any track. So what I’m doing is using MIDI channel H. I don’t have anything sequenced on that track so it doesn’t matter if I accidently delete trigs. Downside of this is that you can’t use all 8 tracks.

1 Like

Oh nice!

…anything beyond remanglin’ meets recycling 'n remixing…?

i mean, hey, all good, but…all glory hiphop mindset get’s 50 these days…time to reframe…i guess.
really miss THE next truu repunk factor in overall pop culture…

2 Likes

is this directed at me?

…nope…just overall wonderin’ and askin’…me, myself and i…u know.

Not sure if this would qualify as an improvement….

But damn, it is fun!

2 Likes

Jam coming soon! I think it definitely improves my sound. It is amazing, even more combined with an iPad. I can apply effects then resample perfect loops. It is incredibly efficient

i might need to rewatch the old vid to understand how you did it

thanks for posting this demo!

2 Likes

Thanks. If I do another Digitakt walkthrough I’ll probably go over this again. I touched on it in a video before but I think Parts Project’s is the one to watch.

2 Likes

That is a vibe well done my friend. Reminds me of the good old school hip hop vibes back in the day :sunglasses: