How Digitakt v1.50 improved your sound? (showoff here)

I’m studying the v1.50 release and I think it’s really tasty: I’m curious to hear what artists better than me (there are many here) can do with it. I’d like to hear Digitakt performances where the new features are evident and can be properly evaluated

3 Likes

I am also interested in this topic and would like to see anything anyone has done specifically with the machine updates or in conjunction with the updated OS.

1 Like

8192 instead of 128 single cycles is a massive gain.
(Slice mode).
I haven’t been able to use the other modes productively yet because I work at a constant speed.
But they sure are good for surprising sound effects. I am going to find that out. So far everything has been usable somehow, even if not always as planned.

2 Likes

as someone who used the “fake timestretch” quite a lot with “hh top loops” for techno and house stuff, slice machine and repitch machine helped me save a lot of time/sanity and freed an LFO on top for me. modulating slice grid value also produces very interesting happy accidents. lately i’ve been obsessed with creating full tracks just with a DT and i may post the results to the “Your Digitakt only productions” thread in a couple of days :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

i also created lots of sample chains for my drumkits and singlecycle waveforms and i use them with the slice machine. modulating slice parameter while keeping the same “riff” this easy is insane! (i know you could do it with modulating sample slot previously but i was always shy to do it to avoid occupying so many sample slots, now i can have 128 different sounds just by occupying 2 slots)

5 Likes

Interesting, I think you should record a video showing your workflow.
Meanwhile I found this beat mangling video:

9 Likes

i like the mangling better than the sound being mangled.

2 Likes

i’ll do as soon as i get a proper stand that can hold my phone to shoot the video :sweat_smile:

I use something like this, mounted on a tripod

2 Likes

do you know if the threading on the holder is the same as it is on a zoom recorder? I have a mic stand adapter for my zoom, I’m wondering if the threads would match up with the smartphone holder you posted so I could use a mic stand instead of a tripod.

Actually it looks like it does, the zoom site says it’s 1/4 thread so I think that might work, thanks for posting the link.

Not sure, but I’m afraid the standard camera mount and the mic stand mount won’t match (mic bolt is much bigger). When in need to hang the camera or phone on a mic stand (eg. a vertical shot from above a synth) I use the octopus: a mount with flexible legs that you can adapt on everything

1 Like

This is the thing I’m talking about, have you seen one of these before? it’s specifically for a zoom, I checked zooms website and it says the threads on the recorder are 1/4" like the thing you posted, the holder has 1/4"

Amazon.com: Zoom MA-2 Tripod to Mic Stand Adapter, Fits In Standard Mic Clip, Mount Zoom Audio and Video Recorders in Mic Clip, Use Handheld to Reduce Handling Noise : Musical Instruments

this is what I’m thinking of, because I have a table top style standard mic stand with a boom arm - not the creaky lamp type, just a short boom stand.

My mic stand has a very large hole (see pic), there is no way to match the octopus, but maybe your mic stand has a smaller diameter

in any case, there are hundreds of photo adapter accessories out there, I’m sure if you search you will find what you need

1 Like

I know what you’re saying but the handle of the zoom adapter is meant to fit the standard sized mic clip so you attach the adapter to the zoom recorder and it can go on a standard mic stand. The smartphone adapter you posted first has the same size threaded insert as a zoom recorder so I’m assuming this would work the same, maybe not with the octopus however.

Looking at the pic it looks like it might work

that would be really convenient because my tripod is no good for this, that’s why I got the adapter for the zoom to work with my mic stand. would be great if I got a second use out of it.

2 Likes

Before the update I messed around a bit with the scene trick you can do when you loop back the MIDI. Thing was, it was a pain to set up since you would need to send a cc message ahead of a note if you wanted to do something like move the sample’s start point or change a sample. With the new update, we can just capture loops and then trigger each slice of the loop with a MIDI note. So I decided to revisit that trick and did a little thing today.

18 Likes

yo that shits tight

2 Likes

when you did this

are you splitting the verses up into equal length segments and sequencing the cuts as part of pattern chains?

1 Like