How to connect two samples to one track

Hi All!

I know it is possible because I have been doing it with my previous DT years ago - but just can’t remember and can’t find anywhere. Maybe some of you know?

I want one track to trig samples from two slots (track 1 plays track1 AND track 2).

Help!

Is it really impossible and I was only dreaming?..

You could copy and paste a sequence from one track to another, or address midi control (via a controller or a midi track and a cable looped back from midi out to in) to two audio tracks on the same channel. Or resample the two samples together and play that? Plenty of other approaches to layering samples, but no track-linking features I know of…

1 Like

Hi! Yes, I know all these solutions, but I was pretty sure there was a simpler way. Now I’m not… :slight_smile:

You can hold down a step/trig in you sequence and plock a different sample to the step. From the SRC page. Is this what you mean?

You can do this on the Digitone with layers, though obviously with synths rather than samples. Do you also have a DN and maybe you were thinking of that?

It would be amazing to see on the Digitakt as would also give us stereo samples, effectively, and a form of polyphony.

Linked tracks, basically.

I’d resample.

Maybe a regular trig on track 1 and NEI trig on track 2? I never use neighbour trigs but I think that’s what they’re for.

1 Like

I originally thought the same but I don’t think that notes would carry over to track 2 from track 1? So you’d have to program the notes in anyway (?). Better just to copy+paste I think. Finally setting up a bunch of NEI conditions would probably take longer than c+p.