How to make long sample stop

Hi guys, super stupid question, but - if i have a long sample say, 16 bars of something, when i program it into sequence, it will play based on the way i have set the play mode, sample start ,end and loop. However, is there a command that would STOP the sample playback on a long sample immediately (not as a trig during play, but in idle mode).
Simple example, i have 8 bar strings pad playing on track a, Digitakt is not playing.
I press trigger and start the sample which then plays until the end point (or end of the sample).
How do i stop it from playing until the end?

Do you intend to manually stop it from continuing playing? Like press to play the sample, press again to stop?

Could be a bit tricky.

Edit: It’s gonna be somewhat cumbersome to do it in idle mode, without any involvement of the running sequencer.
Easiest is probably gonna be to just quickly turn the volume down whenever you like. You could also set the sample length beforehand in the sample source page.

You could put a “volume down” trig in with a condition at the time you want it.

Also, if it’s only 16 bars, it sounds like you just don’t have the AMP release set right as well as the trig length.

I would check this stuff. Not entirely clear on what you need, but those are my usual solutions.

Perhaps I misunderstood but do you mean: AMP page- settings decay: trig lenght, release to zero. Now the sample stops depending on how long you hold the key pressed when not sequencing. Trig length setting is now used for the time it needs to end while sequencing. There’s no dedicated button as far as i know

1 Like

Go to AMP page and set decay and release to taste.
Also, if you want a long sample to stop when you stop the sequencer, set the trig length in the TRG page for as many steps you need the sample to play and have a short release on the envelope in the AMP page.

Guys thank you for all the replies but I know how to deal with envelopes and trigs, maybe i did not explain right - I am asking a technical question basically - how do you stop a sample from playing, not during pattern playback, but during sample preview. Regardless of the length, i just made an example with those 16 or 8 bars. Can you hit stop button, or some other button just to stop the playback? There must be a command for this, i am not supposed to mess with sustain and envelope in general if i just want previewed sample to stop playing because i want to hear something else, on another track for instance.

I got Digitakt few weeks ago, and while I got into the workflow and “elektron way”, some simple things like this are still a drag.

Thank you this was the point!

Double tap Stop to halt all audio playback.

5 Likes

This supper kool! But maybe there is the same thing / combo for stopping individual track not all at once?

Ahh the good 'ole ‘oh shit, my ears!’ combo.