How to set up Digitakt with an IPad Pro (2018) and a Keystep 37?

Hi, I’m a complete newbie breaking my head trying to create the following connection:

Digitakt Midi via USB -> IPad Pro running AUM (just for the clock basically)
Keystep 37 USB -> IPad Pro running AUM (to control iOS Synths)
IPad Pro Audio via USB -> Digitakt (for sampling from the IPad iOS synths running through AUM)

Is this somehow doable? I tried using a powered dLink USB hub to connect the Keystep 37 to the iPad, but AUM on the iPad doesn‘t seem to recognize it. Only direct connection (Keystep -> iPad) seems to work. Do I need some kind of special Midi hub to connect all of these three items together? Or is this normally doable with an USB Hub, but mine just doesn‘t seem to work? Or are there maybe some completely other way of using these three devices together?

Thank you, I would really appreciate any infos on the subject! (I‘m also sorry if this has been asked somewhere before, but I didn‘t really find any help using the search…)

Hey ! the simplest way would seem to be to connect the digitakt to the ipad via usb , and the keystep 37 to the digitakt by standard midi cables …
The digitakt works as a usb midi/audio interface … also AUM apparntly does not sync to external midi clocks , but Audiobus 3 sure does …
Ive used this setup quite a bit , the miditracks on the digitakt is great for sequencing synths on the ipad , and in audiobus you can load projects by Program change ,(for a in app purchase …) so changing patterns on the digitakt would load the setup in Audiobus … its a really fun way to work !

I came across this solution recently. You use an Raspberry Pi (3 or 4) as USB MIDI Host (it has 4 ports). It will automatically connect any USB MIDI device you connect to all other connected USB MIDI Devices. Read more here:

https://neuma.studio/rpi-midi-complete.html

For a wireless solution that should work.

For a wired solution, a simple powered USB hub will do the trick.
(or a non-powered hub if you use the Apple Lightning to USB3 adapter with the iPad charger)
The 2018 iPad Pro can just use a powered USB-C hub or a normal powered hub with a USB-C to USB-B cable.

A “bit” late, but thank you all for your great suggestions!