How to stop patch "preview" when switching patches

I am SO sorry, as I imagine this must be answered elsewhere, but I can’t find the answer to this.

When I am switching from one track to another (say Track 1 has a bass drum kick and Track 9 is controlling an external Moog Synth), there is always a note that plays when switching tracks. So if I’m on 1 and it’s playing along, and I hit 9, a “C” plays on the Moog.

While appreciated, this is very disruptive when trying to play in a live setting, or improvise. I want to switch tracks on the fly quite a bit when I play, but this preview makes it very difficult to do so.

Is there any way to turn this option off? Right now, my workaround is to kill the volume on whatever piece of external gear I’m switching to, but that doesn’t really work when switching to an internal Track (1-8).

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

To switch between a track without triggering the internal sound hold the trk button while pressing a trig 1-8.

Additionally check out these setting if a dt audio track is triggering an external synth

ENCODER DEST controls whether the DATA ENTRY and LEVEL/DATA knobs sends MIDI data or not. When set to INT, the knobs only affects the Digitakt and no MIDI data is sent. When set to INT + EXT, the knobs affects the Digitakt and also sends MIDI data to external devices.

TRIG KEY DEST controls whether the [TRIG] keys sends MIDI data or not. When set to INT, the [TRIG] keys only affects the Digitakt and no MIDI data is sent. When set to INT + EXT, the [TRIG] keys affects the Digitakt, and also sends MIDI data to external devices. When set to EXT, the [TRIG] keys do not affect the Digitakt but MIDI data is sent externally.

4 Likes

This is fantastic. Thank you SO MUCH!