Hpf settings for kick

hello guys

I would like to set the HPF around 40-45Hz…

but as you know the filter settings on AR show different value settings…

how should I set this?

thanks

40-45hz is pretty low… what are you using the HPF for in this range?

I.e. for removing low frequencies from something to make it sound clear. :slight_smile:

Any spectrum analyzer plugin like the free voxengo span will get you there

I.e. for removing low frequencies from something to make it sound clear. :)[/quote]
Exactly…
I want to use it on my bass drum…
of course there are ways to do this on a computer/plugins
but I want to achieve this on the AR… should be possible…

Hi,

I had this from a while back for the MD, it might help.

Machinedrum EQ Frequencies

40Hz	-	10
60Hz	-	18
80Hz	-	23

100Hz - 28
150Hz - 37
250Hz - 47
300Hz - 50
500Hz - 60
1000HZ - 73
1500Hz - 80
1800Hz - 83
2000Hz - 86
2500Hz - 90
3000Hz - 93
3500Hz - 96
4000Hz - 98
4500Hz - 101
5000Hz - 103
6000Hz - 106
7500Hz - 110
10000Hz - 115
12000Hz - 119
14000Hz - 121

16000Hz - 124

I.e. for removing low frequencies from something to make it sound clear. :)[/quote]
not only what i’d expect - using an HPF at the bottom end would be a common technique to boost the bass, by applying subtle resonance - obviously you can diminish frequencies lower than that set on a HP dial to tighten things up too, but HPF usage that low could be most creatively used to boost low end whilst keeping the higher range open (unlike boosting lows using res with a LPF) - very handy on dual filter designs like the MS20 or the A4
this is exactly the sort of info Elektron should be leveraging into the OB UI design to add value - for me there’s no value in merely recreating one dial with another, it’s an opportunity to make things clearer/simpler/smarter

thanks a lot Slcrz!
I don´t know the MD, are these values from the MD´s HPF?

not only what i’d expect - using an HPF at the bottom end would be a common technique to boost the bass, by applying subtle resonance - obviously you can diminish frequencies lower than that set on a HP dial to tighten things up too, but HPF usage that low could be most creatively used to boost low end whilst keeping the higher range open (unlike boosting lows using res with a LPF) - very handy on dual filter designs like the MS20 or the A4
this is exactly the sort of info Elektron should be leveraging into the OB UI design to add value - for me there’s no value in merely recreating one dial with another, it’s an opportunity to make things clearer/simpler/smarter[/quote]
Agree…

thanks a lot Slcrz!
I don´t know the MD, are these values from the MD´s HPF?[/quote]
MD has an sweepable EQ per track, I couldn’t know for sure these values match the new analog range filter but I posted it as a reference to be tried out.
I’m interested to know as well, might compare the numbers when i have a minute on my spectrum analyser.