HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

I have never heard or had a single good thing to say about Hermes. They should be avoided at all costs

3 Likes

It’s also a really sick shop and great fun to mooch around. Great bunch of people. Every time I’m in there I think about Elektronauts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shaka (the cat) is gonna be playing Berghain before long.

1 Like

+1 for Elevator Sounds

3 Likes

Bax are the pits. Never never never again will they have a penny off me.

1 Like

I was listening to a consumer rights show on the radio recently (uk) covering issues of non delivery … they recommended using a credit card and if there were any issues just get a refund ( phone up bank and cancel it ) … The lawyer doing the show had similar issues
with his phone not being delivered. It genuinely did seem ‘that simple’ . No waiting weeks or anything. Let the card company deal with it

In general I got the impression I don’t know enough but the info is out there.
I usually use my Normal card which doesn’t have that type of cover / insurance.

3 Likes

This is good info. I’m pretty sure PayPal is the same. So when I use my debit card, I do it through PayPal, for the extra protection.

2 Likes

In UK, a credit card for any single item over £100 and under £30k makes the credit card provider jointly liable (section 75 of consumer credit act)
Below £100 you may be able to ask for a chargeback, but I think it’s more complicated.
I understand that if you use an additional payment system i.e. credit card through PayPal, you aren’t protected by the credit card in the same way, but PayPal or other provider may help.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard of people successfully using the credit card protection e.g. when flights were cancelled due to the pandemic and airlines refused to refund. I’ve only used it for a pizza order that never turned up and they refused to refund, lol, but it did work.

It’s a good reason to always purchase with a credit card when you can, as it’s protected by law whereas similar schemes for debit cards and I guess PayPal are not.

Re: Bax, the only times I’ve used them were where an item was discounted heavily (like 25% less than anywhere else) and I thought it was worth the gamble. Guess it’s a risk/reward thing but hopefully if you pay by credit card you can always reclaim.

This is correct, the purchase has to be over £100 to qualify for a Section 75 complaint. I work in finance and this is a daily topic. My employer recently started working with a major retailer and we don’t offer finance under £100 because we want all customers to be covered by Section 75.

Not sure about the info regarding using a credit card through PayPal, I’ve used my CC via PP consistently for years in order to benefit from the dual cover… But I’ve never had to claim.

1 Like

I’ve read that people have to fight for it (if memory serves, in the article the consumer had to get a national newspaper involved to move things forward)

1 Like

Well can I get a thanks for the $500 discount there pal? Perhaps a cyber high five?

1 Like

your chance to buy up parts of a studio

https://www.auctionninja.com/eclectic-estate-sales/sales/trod-nossel-studios-unplugs-4.html

1 Like

Yo, someone needs to snatch up this $500 A4 on MW (not mine)…

https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257328&sid=9287148dbb9724000e39127576de59f6

4 Likes

If you’re in the US and are looking for a Moog Grandmother, the standard color way version is on their website new for the OG price ($899). Not sure what’s going on there. I’m assuming it’s a mistake as I can’t find them anywhere else for that price and it says nothing about a sale. Act quickly, this will most likely be corrected soon.

3 Likes

DFAM is now $550 everywhere (in the US at least). Down from $699.

8 Likes

Wow, so is the Subharmonicon

4 Likes

Looks like Moog is having a Valentines Sale right now. All or most of their products are on sale.

Update: On a couple of sites it says the sale ends 2/14.

So this Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to stock up on some thick and creamy Moog sounds to go with those hard and crunchy heart candies.

5 Likes

That’s 21% off. Quite a significant sale, especially for Moog. I wonder if they’re trying to clear space in the warehouse for new stuff coming in. Tempting, but I don’t have room / need for one.

4 Likes

I sure do hope they have some new goods on the way!

On the other hand, they may they lost some sales when they raised the prices last year and they are trying to recoup? A lot of the sale prices are right at where they were before the price hike.

As a side note, Elektron raised the prices of the DT/DN to $859 last year as well, and have recently dropped the prices back to $799. I wonder if shipping costs, and/or manufacturing costs are starting to come back down?

2 Likes