I dropped psu 3b brick in a glass of water. help!

so I dropped my digitone’s power brick into a pint glass of water this morning. was submerged for 1 second before I removed it.
the Brick seems fairly water tight tho not completely. I reckon a bit of water got inside the female socket.
tapped it repeatedly on some towels till it seemed dry.

I’m planning on leaving it in the hotpress for a week to try make sure it’s totally dry before testing it.
will it be safe to try in a week? like, if it’s damaged could it blow my digitone when I test it?

🥲

How could water get inside? It’s completely sealed.

1 Like

that’s good to know :slight_smile: looked like there was a gap at the base of the pins in the socket but coulda just been a shadow.

don’t want to take any chances with my DN so asking here before I do anything stupid.

Wait a few days, plug it in without DN connected, make sure it doesn’t pop, smoke or get too hot. Should be fine.

4 Likes

good idea. thanks

the Digitone just arrived this morning. I put my glass of water on the ground to keep it out of the way while I was opening the box.
psu falls straight into the glass. direct hit :laughing:

7 Likes

A hair dryer can help here, just not too hot and direct at the possible water entry points, if it was only in the water a short time it will probably be fine.

2 Likes

If you try this you can’t manage to pull this off :smiley:

Hope your psu is well soon :wink:

1 Like

nice one Daren. I’ll get the hairdryer out.

looks like there’s small vent holes at the base of the pins in the socket on the brick. have it upside down in the hotpress for the week.

1 Like

Sit it in a box on top of some rice, be careful not to allow any rice inside.

1 Like

Don’t drink water in future.
Only jelly or solid drinks … like carrots.

2 Likes

I heard that when a mobile phone is dropped into water, it may help getting it covered completely with rice for a couple of days, as rice naturally absorb water… Maybe you could do the same?

agreed. only solids / gasses from now on