I fu@#ing love autumn

Some people do the strangest thing in my neighborhood. They pick up their dog shit and leave it on people’s stoops in the bag. It’s rather perplexing.

Having moved from tropical country without seasons to south of France 7 years ago, I can def say autumn is my favourite

And I hate summer with a passion, except when I’m on holidays

Just reached that time of year when the sun is low in the sky and the light is absolutely beautiful

7 Likes

Yes!!!

I live in a stupid US state and we really only have two seasons, summer and barely not summer, but the next 4-8 weeks should be pretty nice. Finally! This summer was brutal.

I love the cooler months too, find a lot more inspiration during these times, and start getting out of the house again. All around a better human when not being pummeled by the heat.

Try Seattle. We basically have 8 months of rainy-early-spring, one month of lovely autumn, one month of actual winter, and two months of summer. :smiley:

1 Like

I would be happy it is finally getting cooler… but now I’m finding out after almost three years of no free time, I now will have another year or so of no free time… so yeah!!! I love my life!! I’m not sure why I should even bother with anything… I have no idea what is anything for.

Yes, the light can be pretty during autumn.
This is the backdrop to the main stage at the Red Sea Jazz festival, during setup at 8:30 am.

3 Likes

In my current mental state of being (somewhat exaggeratedly) just over it with Texas, this honestly sounds better. But the grass is always greener, isn’t it.

In either case, I am trying to make my way North, for a variety of reasons - actual seasons being a primary one!

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me about this awesome song.

You may enjoy the autumnal tones of:

1 Like

Yeah, I like having some seasons. Autumn is my favorite, summer close behind. Winter and spring, I could do with or without. I do like it when it snows.

1 Like

I’m in the southeastern US. Mid-November and it’s finally starting to feel like fall! I’m tired of sweating ever day. Still wearing shorts and t-shirts at home though. Crazy!

Autumn in the Toronto area can be gorgeous in October to mid-November. Gets a bit dicey after that. I managed to squeeze a few rounds of golf in with the changing colour of the trees. Of course I couldn’t find half of my balls under the fallen leaves, but it was lovely taking in the scenery.

What island do you live on? Sounds like Orcas? Just with the seasonal residents and tourists, etc…

Autumn camping is my favorite. You can sleep comfortably at night. The bugs have all fucked off. You can have a campfire. Making hot pot while camping is godlike. Get to rock all the autumn fashion, too. Fuck yeah.

5 Likes

The smell of the autumn air in my hometown has an almost psychedelic effect on me, esp. when I first walk outside. Funny how much that means to me.

2 Likes

Nice to look at the scenery. Bloody awful working outside in the cold and rain trudging across muddy fields. Roll on summer

SJI. Same archipelago, just a tad west.

I know the one. I lived on Orcas during two different summers, years ago, doing seasonal kitchen work. It was a blast. Paradise up there in the San Juans…

1 Like

It’s great in ways, less so in others. If I could afford to I’d leave for the summers. I think I’d be happier if I could get to the mainland once in a while to play shows, the islands are very artistically conservative.
But yeah, great in lots of other ways.

1 Like