I miss the 90ties and Gabber

2 Likes

Have been trawling this website for ages I love it! I’ve come across some similar projects mostly around capturing ‘personas’ but this is really great work.

Unless it’s a reference I don’t get I think I’m an ‘Operator’

Or at least I was before COVID hit and I forgot barbers existed

Love this Thundercat vibe, a level of cool that I don’t even think I could fantasise about successfully let alone pull off

2 Likes

Not really gabber but definitely 90s, sorry if already posted:

1 Like

Such a nice project, a real document after all these years of consistent work. Proper artists!

1 Like

Scott Brown had like a whole scene to himself

3 Likes
2 Likes

Anything on Terror Traxx was an instant buy back then

2 Likes

Perc Trax recently released an EP of Pitch-Hiker remixes that would probably interest anyone following this thread.

5 Likes

As I was recently reunited with my OT, I just had to do a little Gabber impro on it :sunglasses:

7 Likes
2 Likes

IIRC Gabber started as a joke and than got way out of control. I remember being bolt, wearing Australian and Cavello. The parties were one of the best even though we looked like a group that escaped from a mental hospital. :rofl:

Do I miss it? Think I miss the fun more than the music. Or maybe the drugs and turning a week into 6 days. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And now YouTube is playing all the old songs. I do seem to like the Happy Hardcore tracks more. Probably too commercial for some but they bring a smile and old memories back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if there will be a gabber revival? Here in the UK we’ve seen rave revivals, acid techno revivals, and trance revivals. Maybe gabber is next?

2 Likes

No revival needed here, still going strong :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone take the test?

4 Likes

Yeah, I got 8/10

1 Like

Oooh, look how smart I am

2 Likes

I know right.

I’m like Doogie Houser, but instead of being a Doctor at 15, I’m a Gabber

5 Likes