I miss the 90ties and Gabber

Smashing it. Looove it!

1 Like

These fliers bring back memories…visting record and DJ stores to collect fliers and ready to go mad!!!..

1 Like

recently getting quite obsessed with records made just before dark and light were rent asunder.
late '93, early '94 when you get the mad amen breakbeat science AND big hands in the air parallel chords. Pretty sure this was the pinnacle of human civilisation and it’s all been downhill since.

This shizzle:

I think I’m a little bit gabber scarred from a mid 00s trip to Bangface Weekender, where they hadn’t really stopped people bringing actual rigs to their chalets and there was nowhere ANYWHERE on site where you couldn’t hear gabber at least a little bit. 24 hours a day for three days.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

man remember when you’d get a flier with no location just a phone number like here we go again! one of the best times I ever had, required a “park and ride” in a creepy white van with like 6 strangers and 3 friends from the meeting location to an industrial space (medium large) for bulk processing of commercial dry cleaning (clothing). I don’t know how they got the venu but I still remember it being epic.

such dangerous things come to mind when I think about the facts here. literally, such innocent times for the world and a scene that meant plur like a real statment of mission and not just a fallacy.

2 Likes

yes, I do remember…get to a spot ( public phone) get an updated message to a location guy …warehouses…basments of buildings, and neighborhoods I wouldn’t dare to walk thru but anything for the music and ppl we meet. true, innocent times of PLUR.

2 Likes

This one is excellently composed and produced. And just what a surprise in the middle.

(Just thinking - hardcore is primitive and monotonic by definition, but the actual composition and variety can done differently. Like this track - by clever combinations of pattern changes, syncopation, sudden note slides, sustain length change, sample positions, other subtle details or general structure - and this is no way primitive music)

2 Likes

Thanks to Youtube recommendations and hundreds of enthusiasts I discover weekly some forgotten gems - damn, I love that powerful and epic sound of early hardcore. Or trance-core?

Now for something not so epic. I read it was a spoof of early Rotterdam records. I use it during morning walks. Damn, it’s very raw and a total banger at the same time.

Ok, the ultimate classics from Rotterdam records. What is interesting - no “hoover”, the main sounds are quite unusual, most likely it’s was feedback loop. Something like synth + delay + distortion pedal in a feedback loop on a mixer console.

1 Like

:dragon_face:

2 Likes