I miss the 90ties and Gabber

https://www.youtube.com/@Estuera

2 Likes

I love Tripped, this one is my favourite of theirs

2 Likes

Anyone able to identify any of those songs? @.@

Lots of gold …

2 Likes

First track sounds like a remix of Tilly lilly.

1 Like

Not really my cup of tea, but at our football club (Feyenoord Rotterdam) they invite DJ Panic before every important European match, to get a ravy atmosphere going and to intimidate the opponent (worked like a charm the last couple of times). Lots of famous gabber anthems.

• Pulsation - It’s So Simple To Do (1992)
    • Flux - The Rave (Brooklyn Mix)
1 Like

Haha now i finally get why my teknohead friends go to football at the kuip :smile:

(Sorry I’m import. Don’t care about Feyenoord, or football for that matter :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Awesome!!! And, coincidence … Syntakt T99 Cover - no samples all synth / forever 1991 - YouTube :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m looking out for DJ Panic now on youtube … awesome to hear DJ Rob - Boy’s Interface, can’t say how many times I’ve listened this song …

1 Like

Haha, cool. This song also brings back memories, was heard all over the place early nineties.

I think you would like it in De Kuip on an important match day. Always a hardcore dj somewhere behind the terraces, and a lot of (happy) hardcore on the main speaker system.

Not a proper connaisseur of the Rotterdam hardcore scene, but I am under the impression that there is a bit of a revival, with a lot of old dj’s still around.

1 Like

Thanks @Fin25 and @markob303 !

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Oh but I have a box somewhere with more of these than I’d care to admit. I always liked jungle best though, that never changed I guess!

3 Likes

I don’t know all that much about anything 140+ bpm that isn’t jungle or Aphex Twin. In the US midwest scene there wasn’t a lot beyond house and techno. Most of this style that I heard was from Drop Bass Network but I’m not sure how popular it was elsewhere in the world. Ever heard of it my European friends?

2 Likes

I don’t know these particular tracks (and I personally don’t really like them) but definitely heard of Delta 9 before.

This is his most well-known track I think:

1 Like

:laughing:

Good to know. Might explain the lack of representation on this thread. They had some really amazing acid techno releases but maybe the fast stuff is less remarkable.

2 Likes

Is UK hardcore and happy hardcore like grabber? I know there is a distinction.

Does anyone here appreciate the light side? Or is it all Sith over here?

For us growing up in the thick of it, we didn’t really distinguish that much between the two. Yeah, Gabber was darker and HH a bit lighter/sillier, but it didn’t really feel that much like two different things, just two sides of the same coin. HH seems like much more of a UK thing, I can understand how people in other places might not have dug it.

Now here’s some Dougal.

1 Like

I effin love Douglas and Brisk too!

There is a DJ named Awai that I listen to on SoundCloud. He posts mixes every week of HH and UK Hardcore.

He just happens to be a Bronie, but it’s new music every week.

2 Likes

It was always the Dougal and Brisk tapes that wore out first on the Dreamscape packs back in the day.

1 Like