I there a good way to pitch down entire tune

so i recorded from my rytm a full song to DAW, multitracked. then after recording i bounce and played it in traktor to test it, see how it mixes etc it had the master tempo lock like 20bpm lower and sounded way better pitched down. is there a best practice to heavily pitch down stuff thats already recorded 44.1k with still audio quality? or am i stupid

2 Likes

Serato is pretty good at this.

1 Like

I would just render it out that way, if I liked it! Why not? It’s art, right?

4 Likes

tru bro i always think i made it wrong

So you want both the tempo and the pitch lower, right? 20bpm less and then however lower the notes end up playing at that tempo?

Or do you want to go down 20bpm and keep it in the same key?

I think with either scenario it could be done in most DAWs. I think it’s a matter of whether you time stretch or not.

There’s a couple of things here.
If you’re reducing the tempo in traktor then it’s unlikely that you’re actually ‘pitching’ it down.

The term pitching is a hangover from reducing the tempo on a vinyl deck which also reduces the pitch (high /low) along with the speed.

If you’re purely talking about reducing the tempo then it’s a matter of whether you can simply reduce the tempo on your rytm -
I guess you’ve got extended or looped samples in use that is preventing your from doing that right?

2 Likes

yeah all pitched down like dj screw

1 Like

There’s a pitch/playback speed slider in Reaper, whack that down and render it out.Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 00.10.27

(the knob in the bottom right corner)

That’s not helping me.

I do this in ableton quite a bit, just make sure warp is off and pitch it down. Most DAWs should be able to do this. You might wanna use a filter or EQ to roll off sub audio freqs when pitching down, or stuff above 20k when pitching up. I’ll also usually do this before mastering and then master the re-pitched audio, but that’s your call.