IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Thanks a lot :blush:. I’m not very much for 4 to the floor type drums, it has its places but I much prefer breakbeat esque drums, much more fun and varied.

1 Like

totally not serious at all, promise.

Mostly Digitone but as per usually, withs some help from some friends :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Digitone Acid -IDM - Breaks

RYTM
TR06
Digitone
SLL SiX
Prophet 6
Prologue 8
Empress Reverb
Strymon Volante
FMR RNLA
AFX Station
Sequentix Cirklon

12 Likes

Analog Rytm features very heavily on this EP I put out last month (multitracked via OB), as well as my Pulse 2 and then Analog Heat MKI on the master bus. Pads and stabs are either WaveWarden Odin 2 or Reaktor 6 running Carbon 2.

7 Likes

shit, track is on fire. Think this can be the best track I recently listened.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a huge compliment and thank you!

1 Like

Hey there everyone ! I just got a new EP out and the main promo track is using the Analog Four MK2 for the main detuned poly lines and a few percussions:

Full EP here for those who want to check it out:

10 Likes

Not sure if this qualifies as Ambient Techno. I wanted to make something in the style of Christian Loffler/Kiasmos/Jon Hopkins, with a punchy drum line and some nice string textures, but I think I went a bit overboard with the strings bit. I am using the free Spitfire Audio orchestra library but I think it’s probably not the ideal one for this genre, it sounds too “big”.
By the way this is my first proper test with my newly acquired Digitakt. I got it mainly to help me improving in programming nice drum lines, and I’m already feeling it’s working in that direction! Such an inspiring machine!
Also, I’m super happy I managed to hook everything up with Logic Pro on my MacBook via Overbridge. I can now record sequences on the Digitakt directly from Logic which saves me from manually entering all the different notes on the trigs.
Well, let me know where to go from here. I’m planning to keep experimenting with the Digitakt/0-Coast pair and make some more ambient techno tracks, maybe a bit more minimal and with more variations.

4 Likes

This is awesome! Would’ve slotted right into the Syro album IMO, well done! :fire:

2 Likes

If I remember correctly this was mostly done on the Analog 4 MKII. Probably the four tracks, no more no less.

4 Likes

@Cepheid and I (Cassilda and Carcosa) are on this release! lots of braindance goodness on this one.

6 Likes

Nice track in there sir ! Well weirdo :wink:

1 Like

thanks!

An old track but my last one, :slight_smile:

Done with this setup:

5 Likes

This one is on the glitch/abstract side of IDM

The setup is Digitone+Digitakt into Octatrack, with some minor edits in Ableton

10 Likes

What is OT being used for?

Basically as a mixer, both Digis have a bit of distortion, and extra FX with scenes. There is a master compressor as well.
Also OT is playing one drone sample towards the second half.

Very cool!

1 Like

Jamuary turned into a full album of oldschool idm and ambient with heavy use of MD, MnM and AK (and modular synth)

5 Likes

Drums sequenced on the OT. Synths were a modular patch.

4 Likes