IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Here is one I did a few months back completely on the Digitakt. It’s just in demo form in this 1-minute clip I posted on Instagram. Despite the short length, it gives you a good idea of what I was doing at the time, but also an approach I plan on returning in the near future. Sort of ambient and shoegaze meets dnb.

1 Like

That’s the Analog Four <3 thank you for listening

1 Like

I already heard it on Insta <3

Oh, really? I didn’t make the connection between your post on here and the fact that we were following each other. haha

1 Like

Me neither :joy:

This was my first week with Octatrack using it as a recorder/looper and effect box with my other synths

1 Like

I think this falls roughly in the ball-park… This is a 6min. edit of a 45+ min. rehearsal for my upcoming set next weekend. Enjoy!

sound sources: Digitakt + MicroMonsta
effects: Supercollider on Raspberry Pi
minimal post in Live (just Eq.)

4 Likes

Nice performance. What’s the launchpad controlling?

The grid is then fed to either the Digitakt or the MicroMonsta so I can play either chromatically. The circle buttons along the bottom choose the 8 DT tracks, and ones on the side the MIDI tracks or the MicroMonsta. Other circle buttons are mapped to change the patch on the Boppad.

All of this is done by feeding the Launchpad into the Raspberry Pi, which is then programmed in Supercollider for doing all the MIDI mapping. Supercollider also does the post-synth effects chain (filters, reverb, delays, sweeps, etc…).

Hey, I’ve jammed this a few months ago, some kind of IDM/ambient vibes

Machinedrum, Analog Four, Digitakt, Digitone, Monostation et Microfreak.
I make some mistakes in the performance, but anyway I think it’s not bad.

3 Likes

A track I’m working on featuring the MnM, MD, DN and some modular. MI Elements and Intellijel Rainmaker.

3 Likes

Cool - this thread started to live again! Love it - and great work from all of you!

3 Likes

a more recent one I did on OT+DN with kindly help of the Moog DFAM and some other sample sources

11 Likes

L O V E 0:38

Well done!

1 Like

Many nice submissions here!
I did this some time ago, all drums and percussion on Rytm (with some performance macros) and synths ITB.

Listen here: Taiga

2 Likes

Dope. Reminds me of Severed Heads.

2 Likes

1 Like

You need to get on that then :slight_smile:
Anything before 1990. Huge influence on today’s IDM.

3 Likes

Really dig the percussion that starts the song (the first 37 seconds)! What kind of samples were those? The rest of the beat is great too.

Digitone sounds great as well. I need to get one of those things. Gotta sell some gear first.

1 Like

This is great. Love the work on the Rytm. What are the performance macros you mention? (I don’t have a Rytm.) And are you saying the synths are from the Rytm as well?