If you had to choose one, which one would it be and why?

the sequencing doesn’t matter here, although i prefer elektron’s. it is interesting. I don’t know if it’s because it’s an elektron forum. in any case, the majority prefers the A4.

Are you asking because youre interested in buying for your own setup?

If so, I would be asking myself whats right for me, not whats right for everyone else!

I think its down to:

Do you want to dig deep in complex sound-design?

Or want to write songs quicker or have simpler one-knob-per-function sound-design?

Actually there are other questions too. But thats what will help… asking yourself questions to get to the root of the issue.

There’s nothing wrong with buying and selling, chopping and changing synths, in fact in some ways if you learn on each one it can help you a lot.

However, you might want to avoid that faffing around and get it right (for you) first time.

Look at what you already own. Ask yourself questions!

1 Like

All but one of the list are four voices.

2 Likes

I’ve been producing for many years and yes, meanwhile I have my own ideas here quite well. I know all these synthesizers. I’m still asking here which of these is preferred and why. it will be sad if i have to sell my rev2 and it might be a little nice to hear which one the majority thinks is the best. :wink:

For me, the versatility of the A4 is unmatched by the other synths in your list.

A4 sounds great (if you know how to handle it) and offers so much possibility on the sound design AND sequencing front. It‘s a beast and the A4mk1 is criminally underpriced in the used market atm.

2 Likes

I thought Minilogue XD and Minifreak were both 4 voices as well :thinking:

Edit: oh, the Freak is 6!

Some people prefer multitimbrality over voices (like me) :wink:

3 Likes

…an a4 mk1 for actual 2nd hand prices is a must have no brainer…period.

3 Likes

Oops. Didn’t realize the others were that limited. Well in that case…:grin:

1 Like