iLoud Static Noise

Not sure what’s happening. They’ve never made this noise before!! Anyone have any guesses as to what’s going on?

1 Like

I have iLoud Micro Monitors too but it’s going to be hard to diagnose what might be going on with your pair until you share exactly what you have connected to it and how.

2 Likes

Good point! An Aira mx-1.

I guess I figured it didn’t matter what it was connected to because they worked fine last time I used them, and every time really.

Sounds like an audio input issue? Obviously something digital. Audio interface? Bluetooth?

i had similar issues with an older macbook pro and a tr-8.

i think it had to do with the 96khz thing with the roland, but i am not sure. it would just crackle sporadically. nothing else would do that except the KMI K-Mix.

…sorry that’s not a solution.

I’ll keep troubleshooting. Thought maybe someone had this and experienced it and it was a simple fix. It probably is something simple I’m overlooking. Appreciate the responses!

Maybe try Bluetooth something from your phone to see if it’s the speakers themselves or the input?

1 Like

I see a lot of relatively thin cables near the loudspeaker in that video. Maybe their shielding is bad or not good enough. Did you change anything related to cables, e.g. new USB-Hub, different studio layout?

1 Like

The first 10 or 15 seconds after switching on, a similar noise is also present with my iLouds. This has something to do with the Bluetooth initialization. After that, the noise is gone.

However, the iLouds are not completely quiet afterwards. You can hear (albeit very weak) the power supply interfering.