Image Line Acquires UVI / UVI Sale

UVI, a leading software creator and content producer focused on the music and audio market, announces its acquisition by Image-Line, a software company best known for its digital audio workstation program FL Studio. Drake Star acted as the exclusive financial advisor to UVI and its shareholders on this transaction.

Drake Star Advises UVI on its Acquisition by Image-Line

Be interesting to see how this shakes out as ImageLine have their own proprietary format “FL plugin” which afaik is not supported by anyone else. But they do support AU/VST

So the big question is whether Image Line will port UVI to be FL unique, expand to make a FL version, or just leave as is.

There is also a couple of tasty launch bundles:

UVI Essentials Bundle: $89.00

An introduction to the world of UVI, delivering 7 instruments and effects designed for the modern producer.

Including vintage synths, samplers, and drum machines care of Synth Anthology 3 and Emulation II+, video game sounds with 8-Bit Synth, powerful electronic drums from Drum Designer, the Austrian Grand piano, an advanced algorithmic reverb, Sparkverb, and the game-changing morphing filter, Shade.

UVI Power Bundle: $199.00

Fuel your music making experience with 16 of UVI’s most popular products, curated to deliver a cross-section of production staples, along with some of UVI’s most creative instruments and effects.

Including even more vintage synths, samplers, and drum machines care of Synth Anthology 3, Emulation II+, FM Suite, Program 24, PX Memories and BeatBox Anthology 2, video game sounds with 8-Bit Synth, powerful electronic drums from Drum Designer, the Austrian Grand piano, the innovative Augmented Orchestra, impact and trailer sounds with Meteor, epic sound design with Quadra: Muted and Harmonics, turntable sounds with Scratch Machine, twisted delay lines with Dual Delay X, an advanced algorithmic reverb, Sparkverb, and the game-changing morphing filter, Shade.

UVI Special

1 Like

Looks like a good combination. UVI has enough of a base of users i can’t see much being dropped from their line, though changes may be in order. I could see Falcon being part of FL Studio, someday. Seems to me this is about acquiring technology and probably they would want to retain key developers at UVI.