Importing from South Korea

So, I’m no export import expert and don’t understand the intricacies of international trade laws, but I’m trying to buy sunglasses from South Korea and the seller mentioned they were stopped at customs, and sunglasses are banned from being shipped to the United States. I retorted classify them as something else like toys/art/whatever, but they responded the USA would open the package and seize them.

Sounds made up to me, wondering if anyone has bought anything like music gear or whatever from South Korea lately?

As a note, I understand this doesn’t fit the forum and the thread will prly slip into the abyss and die, but with the international reach here seems like someone might help…

Cheers all,

I think this is probably not so much an issue of country of origin, but rather that sunglasses are FDA regulated class 1 medical devices in the US.

I found the information available on US customs websites (and also from most shipping agencies) quite helpful in the past.

It’s quite a bit more regulated on our side than I would have expected. Some of your specific answers may be in this snoozer of a link.