Impossible dream collaborations

If you could wake up to find an album released by musicians who were alive and making music at the same time who would it be? I would go for Andy Partridge of XTC and Paddy McAloon of Prefab Sprout. Produced by Todd Rundgren of course.

6 Likes

Autechre and Kronos Quartet. I think Sean mentioned it in an AMA one time. Though he said they’d have to accept not playing their instruments in the regular bow-on-string way haha

7 Likes

Guitar and composer 1: Gustavo Santoalalla, beats DJ Krush, David Holmes composer and performer 2, Sevdaliza and Beth Gibbons vocals, bass : Victor L Wooten, keys: Nihls Frahm Moritz von Oswald and Mark Ernestus mixing and mastering and somewhere in between: me!

2 Likes

Bjork and Jaga Jazzist

4 Likes

Kraftwerk, herbie Hancock, prince, Roger troutman and bootsy collins

4 Likes

Prinzhorn Dance School and Kraftwerk.

1 Like

I watched a Drink Champs interview with Marley Marl and he said that although at first he thought this group were mocking Hip Hop and the culture, he later wished he’d produced an lp with the Beastie Boys.

1 Like

my most desperate wish is to hear rob halford sing russian roulette by rihanna. preferably closer to the original version than a metalised cover. riri’s timbre and cadence in that song matches rob’s perfectly, it would be guaranteed magic.

otherwise, collab between ancient methods and autechre. not impossible (i know they really really like each other’s work) but somehow the collab seems very unlikely. another one is ancient methods x summoning collab. could be a disaster, could be inspired.

Ooh how fun

Ryuichi Sakamoto
:negative_squared_cross_mark:
Scritti Politti
Jeff Lorber Fusion (early 80s lineup)
Produced by David Frank of The System

and fuck it…David Sylvian on vocals

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

Keith Jarrett :negative_squared_cross_mark: Squarepusher :negative_squared_cross_mark: Trent Reznor

3 Likes

Muslimgauze collab with John Zorn

3 Likes

Kate Bush and Aphex Twin. I recall Richard’s dad also thought it would be a good idea, I reckon he was right.

6 Likes

Debbie Gibson and GG Allin.

2 Likes

Mars Volta + Jon Theodore

3 Likes

Squarepusher
Mixmaster Mike
Kool Keith

3 Likes

Which all string quartets who play 20th and 21st century music have to “accept” and do.

2 Likes

Old Dirty Bastard and Nirvana singing that “rape me” tune.

Kraftwerk and Parliament-Funkadelic, in an elevator.

3 Likes

Forgemasters

Thrones & Graham Lambkin

1 Like