Intech Studio

Neat looking USB controller modules - get a fader module, knob module… whatever you need, and snap the modules together. Only one USB cable needed.

6 Likes

I’ve ended up using the Monogram controllers instead, although their MIDI support is still a bit nascent — it’s primarily a Lightroom tool for me. That said, if you sign up for the SDK, there’s a ton you can actually do with the manual configuration options for midi— been meaning to dig in to this properly for a bit. Sadly, they do currently require the desktop code to be running to generate midi, but I’m still holding out hope (and talking to the dev team) about a class compliant firmware mode.

I wish all these would have stand alone midi modes for us hardware freaks!

See also (there s a thread on it): https://special-waves.com/

1 Like

Expensive , a single 16 encoder box is same price as a notation / akai full device.

1 Like

Coincidentally, I have a Grid that’s just cleared customs. I’d also try out one of these Intech Studio Grids, but I need to send OSC. I’ll watch their firmware updates.

Similar to this but more fine grained in configurablilty, like the Monogram/Palette Gear is except with better support with MIDI, is the Special Waves Mine S.

20% off for Superbooth (not affiliated)
Wish they’d turn down/off the background music when talking!

2 Likes

oh snap, totally forgot about this

Wondering if anyone has any reviews for these? Thinking about picking up the EN16 and EF44 while taking advantage of the 20% off. I’ll be replacing my midi fighter twister so I realize I’ll be losing out on some functionality but really want to add some sliders to my setup.

A bit late to the party here, but I’ve been using the Grids for the past few months and finally put together a wee demo video/review:

TL;DR they are neat, portable, work well, and are very handy. The software is very capable. Only down side for me is that there is a bit of a learning curve for some of the programming side.

5 Likes

https://intech.studio/grid-controllers

I seen State Azure use a couple of these in a recent YouTube upload, was wondering in any of you gnauts have any experience with these?

1 Like