Integrating digitakt to set up

I have Digitakt, Micromonsta 2, Neutron, Blooper.

Neutron is the only one with midi thru so I was thinking

DT Midi Out > Neutron Midi In > Thru > Blooper
and

Neutron audio out > blooper audio in > blooper out > digitakt audio In

I really am not familiar with the sequencer in the digitakt and I like the hardware sequencers built into many synths so I want to use it kind of like that while I shape the sound.

Any input on this whole set up? I would assume if I get something I like that I would record through overbridge. I always load samples and loops but have yet to work with a synth on it.

It has been long time.

Digitakt has a midi thru…

Not clear for me what your question is though

1 Like

Hi, do you not like the idea of using the digitakt midi sequencer? it is very powerful, I think you could be helped by watching a few youtube videos about the midi sequencing before you decide not to use it. 8 channels of 4 voices polyphony each is a very powerful thing with song mode or pattern chaining.

Is your goal to sequence each hardware by itself and only share a clock from the DT?

I think you just have to figure out where you want to control everything from, also how you intend to use it. is it for jams or making compositions? not every set up is ideal for every use. Do you have a goal in mind?

1 Like

Thanks and yes I mostly wonder if I’m making something harder than it has to be.

Looking to sequence Neutron, MM2, and perhaps 1 or 2 VSTS in ableton through USB.

I have an audio interface with 4 ins and I know the DT can be used as interface but also pass through audio in overbridge.

My goal is mostly to create drumless loops that I can track out and mix further.

At the moment I unplug and replug every synth into my interface and I know the DT could help this break in the process

1 Like

Do you have any advice or can you see any ways to incorporate both the synths and pedal into the set up?

ok are you using only midi over usb or do you use 5 pin din cables through your interface? do you use a midi controller or is everything controlled through it’s own hardware interface?

I use 5pin for synths and my usb only gets used for my akai keyboard to just play VSTs.

if you are not concerned with latency you can use ableton as your primary sequencer, there’s a good video on that which I can find you a link to if you like.

If you want to use hardware to sequence with digitakt as the brain you should consider a midi thru splitter. Digitakt is not a usb midi host so if the akai keyboard is midi over usb only you may have to use ableton as the go between or get a usb midi host box.

for routing it sounds like you want to be able to control micromonsta and also vst’s with the akai, and then have the blooper follow the midi clock, and use dt as it’s own device, then have dt record to overbridge is that correct?

edit: you may have to sign up on gumroad but this is free and might help Tutorial: Using Ableton Live with Midi Hardware (gumroad.com)

I would sample everything in the Digitakt and stick to it for your performance. You can sample anything directly into the Digitakt with a cable.

It takes a bit of preparation but the quality will be there when you will be performing.