Intellijel Cascadia

They really packed a lot in there. Cool synth for sure. And I’m glad Intellijel finally released something like this in this format.

3 Likes

That… is a lot of functionality on the front panel. :smiley: Looks and sounds great.

Adding to the chorus of initial praise. This would have changed my musical life had it been released two years ago! Still waiting for the sub-$1000 semi-modular I can wholeheartedly recommend to newcomers, but for those with deeper pockets, this is looking like the frontrunner so far.

5 Likes

Yeah, this looks so incredibly well designed and fully featured. I was just looking over the front panel like ‘ah cool, it’s got that’ and ‘oh, interesting’ over and over again, then when I finally saw the filter mode knob I almost gave my screen a standing ovation :laughing:

Watching the video they went really hard on noise types. I love that.

Pretty well covered for monos here but if I had nothing I’d definitely be tempted.

You don’t think the Pittsburgh Taiga fits that bill?

2 Likes

I would probably still recommend the MB2s to a newcomer due to the much lower price and sequencer. Assuming they are ok with the Steiner filter.

Cascadia is a good step up from or addition to the MB.

(Lyra may need to find a new perch)

5 Likes

Intellijel has a rackmount on their website that looks pretty clever.

8 Likes

This really has me making plans already. So well thought out and very puuurty.

1 Like

Im guessing the side car could maybe fit an fx pedal or maybe just euro cables… perhaps a it could hold a beer

4 Likes

:rofl:

I was thinking cables, but now you really got me thinking.

2 Likes

Damn that looks so lovely

Looks like plenty of room for an eighth.

1/8" patch cables, I mean.

5 Likes

Any information if the fx return is mono or stereo? I guess with a mono out it is. Shame.

Got to give it to Mylarmelodies - he patches up some great sounds; no doubt he’s a crafty salesman. In addition to getting paid by Intellijel, I suspect Eventide might give him a bonus for the prominent use of the H90. Two birds with one stone and all that.

1 Like

46 Likes

Per the manual, “The beer has has a normalled connection to your face but you can override this routing by patching something else in between, for instance using a pint glass as a VCA.”

14 Likes

They really thought of it all for this one, didn’t they?

2 Likes

Ooof o__o

2 Likes

I had hopes for it, but there are too many small glitches, it seems. Still probably best in that class.

1 Like

I haven’t tried one out, but what are the small glitches? Personal taste only, but from demos I prefer the raw sound of the 3 oscillators and filter and LPG on the Taiga. I’d guess the ADSR might be the week spot on the Taiga though.

1 Like