Intellijel Cascadia

Sounds beautiful!

some nice sounds on the mylarmelodies vid … it seems like a crazy modular sh101/202 .its obvious a lot of work has gone into it, lots of options and potential.
too expensive and complicated for me to be honest…

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean undoubtably Taiga one of the best deals to beat but I think this has a good place in a performance set up, lots of function, small footprint, good amount of i/o with proper jacks in the back, stuff like intellijel midi cv is a step above everything I’ve used (never had FH2 but people love that one) I plan on using it in conjunction in with the intellijel performance case, which also has all those proper i/o on the back that I love.

I dunno maybe it is the modular brain but I don’t really like the idea of any module that I would plan on not using as part of my semi modular, especially given normalization is part of the joy there, much more potential to rip and patch when stuff is normaled and the sound doesn’t cut as you try to build a new signal path. Not sure how much I would do that live or something but there is a certain flow to it.

I dream of Fumana. There’s an alternate third-party firmware for Versio that has a couple of spectral analyzer modes; I’m going to work with that for a bit while I wait for a hitherto-unknown relative to die and leave me lots of money.

Anyway, I’m happy to see Cascadia, even if I don’t particularly need one.

1 Like

Definitely too expensive for me too, but seems probably priced right. I’d put this up there with a really nice poly with lots of modulation options, and considering how much putting together a full fledged modular costs, not to mention the time investment, seems “reasonable”.

Tell me you’re from Chicago without telling me you’re from Chicago

1 Like

:rofl:
Bingo

For sure the core sound of Intellijel analog oscs and filters is very Roland, Their Atlantis was marketed as a modular SH101.

2 Likes

Too expensive for me too. But absolutely adorable

2 Likes

Don’t want to play devil’s advocate, but I just did an ebay price search. Looks like you could get 2nd hand Atlantis and Metropolis sequencer for less than an original 101, under a grand and way more versatile.

This is actually a good deal. I don’t think you could get this many features and definitely not this size, with individual eurorack modules.

I don’t know that I want it. I like being able to mix it up with modules from different vendors and it’d be a bit awkward for my space to use it with my eurorack and other semi-modulars.

2 Likes

Wow…

I saw Iwata Igarashis set with his Cewjiman semi modulat, and i was impressed. This gives the same vibes, maybe i need some more fm or distotion, but it looks performance friendly. A4 on Drums and sequencing, 1 RNLA your gig is lightweight and ready.

I think its offering more than the pulsar, integrated sequencer would have been cool. Really tempting, and i am not into modular at all.

4 Likes

A good write-up and interview from Perfect Circuit where they discuss the creation influences for Cascadia.

6 Likes

Great company. Not something I’d plunk down over 2k for personally though.

1 Like

I preordered. No brainer. I have an Atlantis, I adore it and use it all the time. This just seems like that core + more.

5 Likes

Been eyeing the 2600M for a while and this might actually sway me over…

FFS

1 Like

I’ll chime in here as an owner of an Intellijel Atlantis and wanting something reallly like the Sh-101 but preferring compact size/modern upgrades on the intellijel version… the sound quality to this day really really makes me feel something special (it’s been like 8 years and been in almost every patch). There’s a certain magic with the way the intellijel modules are tuned, can’t put my finger on it but feels a lot like they’re one of the leaders truly carrying the torch forward of what a system 100m 2.0 should be in euro without plainly cloning things. Anyways looking hella forward to playing with one, will prob pre-order one :smiley:

5 Likes

I would have loved to see the integration of some of the more interesting digital stuff they’ve done, as well as perhaps a joystick or mini tetrapad or something. I guess you can just get those separately, but it would have felt way more “intellijel” with a little joystick controller and a stripped down 4 stage metropolix style sequencer. Would have made it a lot bigger and more expensive tho /shrug

2 Likes

agree, a lil mini joystick woulda been cool at the very least. or 2 touch strips ala DSI. could be a space thing too, or maybe there’s a euro version in the pipeline to integrate with the rest of the intellijel offerings hmm

1 Like