Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

love the new look. awesome work Elektron! <3

4 Likes

How does mk1 stream incoming audio to usb then?

1 Like

oh damnā€¦ this is screwed. i really hate the direction elektron goes right now. dont you think its a slap in the face of any mk1 users? (my rytm is not even 1 year old!)

6 Likes

:pray: internal resampling on MK1

6 Likes

when are pre-orders?

Oh shit. Rytm with sampling. Oh shit.

Super stoked. And a better sounding A4? Oh shit.

Thumbs up Elektron!

8 Likes

not sure it does that?
of course it has an ADC before the master stereo output and it can stream that to a computer. But not the inputs.

1 Like

It stays digital till in the machine. uses the usb dac

I mean, I always wished that AR could sample directly but I have got used to getting samples in there another way. I am sure this is a powerful feature but I deemed the AR worthy of the price it was selling for when I bought it. I also like the CV inputs since I am a modular user.

I am not going to pre-order, I will watch and see the reports from the first wave of buyers and then make my decision.

Oh wowā€¦ manā€¦ Elektronā€¦ what a timing just before the holiday.
Time for a ā€˜trade-inā€™ program and A.M.A. session perhaps? :wink:

3 Likes

I would guess fixed velocity mode?

2 Likes

So if I buy OB for my AR mk2 can I use that license on my DT and A4 mk2 too? Or do I need to buy 3 licenses or 2? Itā€™s confusing to say the least.

ah yes!

One license per machine

1 Like

Elektron better announce a BIG OS update for Rytm MK1 fast!
Otherwise this is a piece of impudance! :rage:

4 Likes

Loads of new boxes released before existing ones are even finished,
Massive price hikes, for minor/cosmetic updates,
Price gouging for features which should be standard in OB,

ā€¦ itā€™s almost like Elektron had a big bunch of VC investment last year (they did) and the investors are pushing for a return on their investment eh?

24 Likes

Why is that so? Why is it an imupdance to release a new version of a product?

Havenā€™t read the thread, but if Rytm MK1 and MK2 hardware and software are the same, but MK1 wonā€™t be able to sampleā€¦ a proper dick move.

3 Likes

So in addition to buying the machines (769+1499+1699), I have to spend 79 + 99 + 99 on OB licenses. Thatā€™s just nuts.

10 Likes

Free OB Premium for purchases made before 25th December would be a great marketing strategy (ā€¦he suggests selfishly)

5 Likes