Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

How was it limited?

i wonder why some of you guys feeling let down. it’s like you can always use what you have, mk1’s gonna get updated, so why worrying? no one is forcing you to buy new stuff, unless you desperately need these inputs or whatever there is…

7 Likes

because they could have give mk1 easily the possibilty to sample, but they dont because of octatrack (which is not nice, but okay). they should had stayed to this agenda. this is a complete turnaround!

1 Like

If we trade in MK1 machines, how much $ to have MK2 units?

Ugh, I want this badly!

if i had sold my rytm before this news, it would be worth around 1000$, now i think its just worth 700$

Awesome, sAmpling and resampling on the AR.
The AR is one of the best dig sampler /analog filter, samplers I have ever used. Sp1200 killer here we come.
Fab updates,

2 Likes

It might have to do with the fact that Elektron has limited resources to support OS/firmwares. So while the DT firmware can’t even do midi without crashing or trim samples or do other stuff without crashing, they’re releasing more hardware that also need ssupport. The OS/firmware department is going to be spread really thin.

I think anyone owning a DT will be a worried a bit about what all this means for the current state of things on the DT. It doesn’t even have usable midi yet new boxes are now going to be released while the DT is anything but done. It makes people fear and feel bad. It’s understandable, I also feel bad and worried a bit. Specially now the DT also seems to produce mysterious pops and clicks.

4 Likes

I speculate that in one year we might be confronted with a Hexadecatrack with the same form as these brand new surf boards, with overbridge and more in/outs. :diddly:

9 Likes

I think so too!

I said trade-in (to elektron), not selling… :slight_smile:

you think this is possible? im pretty sure IF its possible you still have to spend around 1000$

The main thing that’s intriguing me about the A4 / AR MkII is what parameters will be controllable via external CV… and will it be transmittable via Overbridge to the VST?

that’s were I come into play :grinning: no seriously, always the case when something new comes up. Do you think Elektron should write emails to every mk1 user, please sell your unit asap because we will announce a newer version next week? same four my A4 btw, so I will keep it :wink:

1 Like

So the ui is different from rytm mk1 ?

Seems they shoulda put a cross fader and scenes on the AR MKII + external sequencing, and skipped the OT MKII altogether.

9 Likes

Push Mk1 users could do that to have an Mk2. So it’s all about Elektron market mastaz X)

1 Like

Hectortrack

2 Likes

“Elektron has limited resources to support OS/firmwares” then it might be for good, that they finally ask some money for software team :slight_smile: via overbridge premium

You’re joking right ?

The original has no AD converters to ever possibly sample … this is basic stuff !

3 Likes