Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Any chance that the new paid for OB can be purchased/used with MKI A4 and AR, or are there hardware limitations? I would very much like to stream all tracks at once from both machines to Cubase. Right now OB doesn’t really work for me (unless I just stream the stereo out from A4 + AR) - OB bandwidth issues :disappointed:

now I am wondering for us mere mk1 owners, will we get sample drag and drop for rytm

Rytm mk1 does not have the new inputs so would be surprised it gets sampling.

Fredrik Alm just confirmed: “Analog Four MKII / Analog Rytm MKII will not have midi sequencing capabilities.”

2 Likes

That makes no sense … you have unrestricted OB now and always - it is nothing to do with cost, you’ll get the best options for that device going forward, it just won’t match the MKii, but the vst will probably be the exact same

1 Like

where is the midi out???:sob:

1 Like

Can the A4 MK2 sequence external MIDI? That’s the one thing I don’t like about my AK, but it’s quite a big one for me. I would be ok with swapping my AK for an A4, but without MIDI sequencing, no chance at all.

It has 2x audio in (for FX etc) - so it must have a A to D…?

sure no. the thing is that they bring out mk1 without sampling because they dont want a contender in their own range (octatrack). sampling could have been easily implemented in MK1. i dont care about some new look or better display or additional CVs on the MK2, thats all fine. but with sampling the mk2 is another machine, with a fuctionality the rytm should have from the beginning. they dont stick to their agenda. i would have said nothing if the rytm is 10 years old or older, but this is disgusting

1 Like

If you could only read a few posts up you wouldn’t need to repeat this question again

1 Like

The Rytm MKI input doesn’t go through the digital FX at all.

1 Like

Or they just react to feedback from customers :blush:

5 Likes

Fredrik Alm confirmed that: “Analog Four MKII / Analog Rytm MKII will not have midi sequencing capabilities.”

Hum, thats a no go for me. I’ve just finished a custom wood desk to hold all my Elektrons so they can fit perfectly :cry:
Hum, and you have to pay for Overbridge…
TBO the new box looks amazing but i guess im done with Elektron for now, the black box are not that old.
I really hope they are still supporting the old Overbridge and OS for the old box cause im really going to be pissed.

OB only let’s me stream x amount of channels simultaneously when using 24bit (not all of them). Maybe I should have rephrased the question :slight_smile: I would ideally like to stream 8 AR tracks and 4 A4 tracks in 24bit simultaneously.

It’s analog all the way through to the compressor

You can sample the whole main bus, but not the inputs

So sampling as per MKii isn’t an option, in terms of PCB, not os

2 Likes

As long as the RYTM MK1 gets the same synthesis machine updates as the MK2 (if there is any) I’m happy with my MK1. If not I’d be pretty annoyed as the MK1 isn’t even that old

5 Likes

Part of what I love about the black boxes is they are almost like laptops, in that their couchable. I wonder if these new ones will feel like that, or if they’re more suited to the desk or studio? It’s kinda like Elektrons Access ‘TI’ moment. Where they went from the Virus B look to the silvery new style.

4 Likes

That can never change – it’s a limitation of the highest workable USB bandwidth the device supports

It’s nothing money or new os or a new vst can fix

4 Likes

i’ve held off on the dark instruments because of the a4’s lack of individual outs, the ar’s lack of direct sampling, and both of their relatively small led displays. i know i’m not alone with these desires so i’m glad to see elektron listening to their customer base.

i expect i’ll wait till they’ve been out for awhile, but i’m way more excited than i was initially at the mk1 models.

13 Likes